are these mites

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bitey

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
i looked at my bredlie last night and noticed something between his eyes is it mites ?, there is only the one on his entire body, his skin looks almost ready for a shed ( realy dry ) but no milky eyes yet he is extreamly agro which makes me think it maybee someting to do with sheding . i have cheaked the water last 2 days before changeing ( i change the water every second night religosly ) and there was nothing unusuall in there, i have never seen a mite before so i dont really know what i am looking for :?

I wouldn't think so by that photo? But if you are worried put him in a white cloth bag for 24 hours. Take him out and see if there any little black specks left in there. If so it is easy to treat and don't stress about them.

hi magpie i use papaer towel and change and disinfect after pee/poo apears

doesn't look like a mite. try under his chin - thats where you'd probably find them... otherwise have a look with a magnifying glass - mites look like little fat bugs!

Hello

Hello,

No, that doesn't look like mites to me, either. Mites are just gross little critters, kind of creepy looking actually. They remind me of a tick!

Tracie

does not look like mites check under the water bowl or in the hottest spot in the enclosure and if you are using natural timber give it a good clean and do what nvenm8said

cheers all i stuck her in a bag aftey a good coating of skin shed and there were no mites aftey i night i placed the bag in a warm spot, the white bit i was worried went whatever it was

White pillow cases are the best for checking for mites. You will always see the black mites in the pillow case after snake has been there for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back