Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hornet

Almost Legendary
Reaction score
Well after all the rain we have had went to get some fish and found these insted.
Anomalopus verreaxii
DSCF4019.jpg

DSCF4017.jpg

DSCF4018.jpg

DSCF4020.jpg

Dendrelaphis punctulatus
DSCF4016.jpg

DSCF4009.jpg

DSCF4010.jpg

DSCF4011.jpg

DSCF4012.jpg

DSCF4013.jpg

DSCF4004.jpg

DSCF4005.jpg

DSCF4006.jpg

Closeup of side and vent(sexing?)
DSCF4014.jpg

DSCF4015.jpg

also found a large bluey, didnt catch it tho, it dived into submerged grass so had no hope. The tail was very fat and almost black and white.

down to my mates place, 5 min ride

sweet as, i wish i had GTS at my place, maybe soon when it warms up a little more

Great finds, i especially like the skink. I always have a good herp experience when i go to visit at SE QLD, can't wait to get back up their some time.

those tree snakes only have a mild venom and rear fangs!!! True??

Your thinking of the Brown Tree Snake which is rear fanged and mildly venomous, the one pictured is the Green Tree Snake which has no venom.

Good find hornet, love those GTS lol they put on a good display though (put me off lol)

hehe that snake looks so ready to kick your ****.. and then you have it by the head so I guess it lost.

Awesome finds, well done! ..the most exciting herp I found today was my beardie who decided to come out of brumation... *wow*

Quote: Originally Posted by GEARJAMMER those tree snakes only have a mild venom and rear fangs!!! True??

***Your thinking of the Brown Tree Snake which is rear fanged and mildly venomous, the one pictured is the Green Tree Snake which has no venom.***

Yep, GTS non venomous, but they emit a disgusting smell when startled. My hubby calls them the farting snakes... LOL </IMG>

Cool finds.
Does the little legless lizard/snake ? have a common name ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back