Dead Lacey.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Your right cris, sometimes you can run down an animal and it wont display any external injuries but an autopsy shows the soup that used to be the internal organs...

Canetoads!!!! we found a Keelback in Katherine that was munching on a cane toad, decided to save its life so we removed the toad from its mouth............... went home and looked up the snake on google and found out they can actually eat them.Oopps.......... So hopefully this will boost the keelback numbers , then the snakes that eat keelbacks will increase and so forth................ Its a good plan anyway.

I'm with cris and ssssnakeman...could have been a car.
A dead possum (male) I dragged off the road the other night showed no obvious external signs of injury or blood etc and Monitors are tough critters.

What a waste....

i found a sandy like that on my last trip to out back n.s.w he was about 2foot long and was just laying on the side of the road i thought it was sleeping it had no blood and felt like no broken bones but was dead as.....
strange.

The whole cane toad invasion is really scary
When native frogs and native predators compete with the cane toad 99% of em havn't got a chance!!!
-cane toads can have up to 30,000 eggs, which are poisonous including tadpoles (only one short stage when they arent)
-they can develop nearly 3 times quicker then native frogs
-toad tadpoles eat native tadpoles
-they can travel larger distances and a wider terrain then native frogs
-their poison is potent enough to kill a large croc.....Kakadu!!!
-and the only animals that I know of able to eat them is the keelback and some birds which have worked out to flip the toads and disembowel them

........not good!!!!!!

I've got my money on cane toad consunption.

i took out a 8-9 foot port mac python on the way home from the pub one night- it was sort of coiled on the road- it was a windy road so i could not avoid it, so i thought i will slow down (as much as possible- iwas doing about 70 as i went over it) and try and have it go under the car in the middle so the wheels wont get it- as soon as i passed over it the wind or what ever had dragged it out of its coil so it was lying straigth in the direction i was travelling- i pulled overand ran back and thought it was fine not a scratch on it but it died in my hands and did not show any sign of any injury.- you never can tell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back