stupid people trying to start a zoo

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lizard_lover

Reaction score
did any body see animal rescue some idot try to start a zoo and killed all thes animals[death adder a salttie kangeroo ect] and and dosent have a clue on how to take care of everythink

Yeah I saw it. Its really cruel. unfortunately ppl like that get away with it.

did u see how the dude tried to freeze a snake , i think it was an adder

Last edited:
I didn't think someone could just START a zoo. Can you?
Don't you have to be a zoologist or something. Carry some kind of permit.

yeah ,everything checked out though,and there was a personal tragedy issue involved,
and you got to take into account tv shows dramatise things,

Damn it i wanted to watch that too but i forgot all about it being on.

Fair enough, I didnt see the show so can't really comment, but I do get a laugh out of how easy it is to get permits for some things.
It wasnt a current affair, was it? :rolleyes:

my mum called out to me that there were snakes on tv so i ran over to the tv but i was too late, i just got to see the last bit of rspca but didnt see any snakes:(

He wants to build the zoo for educational reasons and say he froze those animals because of injury or educational reasons. completely stupid.

The guy seemed alright. The frozen animals weren't frozen alive.. they were already dead. The was a frozen kangaroo pending burial because it was hand raised, the adder was waiting to be taxydermied. There was a smallish croc who's water was being heated with an aquarium heater, which was broken and the animal electrocuted... which isn't good husbandry and i think he should've known better.

Other than that all his herps looked to be in good condition and in appropriate housing. All his permits were in check. The mammals could have been kept in better enclosures, but they seemed alright.

I'm glad that the RSPCA is going to work with him to get the wildlife park up and running.

if we dont know all the facts we cant tomake many judgments,
freezing reptiles that have died is quite normal
but the dead reptiles in the enclosures was dodgy

Poor Peter, he's a nice guy really and life gets difficult when personal tragedy is involved.

I thought I knew the face. I've met him a few times here and there and he's always come across to me as a really descent bloke. If the RSPCA thought there was serious neglect, they would have fined him, confiscated his animals, or both....but they didn't. I can see how people may have jumped to conclusions with the show though.

i missed the show (was at uni), but i sorta know Pete.
he was always a nice guy and knows plenty about keeping reptiles. it is a shame that he was having troubles and i hope that everything picks up for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back