Dunlop disease strikes again

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

noidea

Reaction score
Found this poor bugger out near Eton Qld thought i'd share, he was only just hit when we found him.
taipan.jpg

That sucks. We found one last night with it's head cut off and squashed. Head fully missing very clean cut (shovel probably). Stupid people.

Man at the start of this thread I was trying to remember if i knew what sort of disease Dunlop's was... looking for symptoms lol i'm an idiot! Took me awhile... *sigh* Ah well i should go back and pretend to do some work again.

the worst part about it not 10km back down the road was a 6 foot female coastal i would have taken pics but dec was little distraught and it was quite graphic, she had been pecked by crows and on a closer look she had a belly full of eggs. whats sad about it is people out there get satisfaction from running over snakes honestly i'm not really keen on the vens but i still wouldn't purposely set out to run one over, i like seeing animals in their natural environment(its kinda nice knowing we have such a beautiful range of herps here in our local area)

Not that I'm recomending this of course :rolleyes:

But in areas of consistant reptile slaughter some herpers are fighting back against these snake killing rednecks.

All it takes are a few decent sized rubber snakes that have nails driven through them placed strategically on the side of the road in regular kill spots.

karma then steps in and anyone that deliberately swerves off the road to hit the (rubber) snake gets a tyre full of nails. Those that continue on their way content to leave the snake alone pass by unharmed.

After forking out for a new tyre after their experience maybe these killers will think twice before swerving out of their way to kill the next one :D

Not that I'm recomending this of course :rolleyes:

But in areas of consistant reptile slaughter some herpers are fighting back against these snake killing rednecks.

All it takes are a few decent sized rubber snakes that have nails driven through them placed strategically on the side of the road in regular kill spots.

karma then steps in and anyone that deliberately swerves off the road to hit the (rubber) snake gets a tyre full of nails. Those that continue on their way content to leave the snake alone pass by unharmed.

After forking out for a new tyre after their experience maybe these killers will think twice before swerving out of their way to kill the next one :D

GENIUS!

Thats a good idea Colin i have never swerved to deliberately hit anything and wouldnt mind seeing the ones who do cop a tyre full of nails!!

its a great idea dec has got that many rubber snakes i'm sure he wouldn't miss a couple, he even has one that looks spot on for a taipan.lol my only gripe is it seems some people have the opinion that all wild snakes are vens obviously because they have NO IDEA. (kinda brings back the old ''it was a yellow belly black and they are poisonous.'')lol

I've heard of that one before...someone did it with a road killed diamond a few years ago...apparently...and it worked quite well.....apparently....but I wouldnt recommend it to anyone of course. That'd be a stupid idea.

I reckon its a great idea,
but you wouldnt want to put it on a busy road or near large trees incase they lost control.
But if it seems safe enought to do, I say go for it!!!

As much as that would certainly detract them, as just stated, if they are to lose control and injure themselves, another person or property, your in big trouble,..

Why try and educate when its easier to cause a fatal acciedent :lol: :?

dunlops disease

Poor fella

I hope the guys that did this end up picking up the next one around their axles.....When they pull up in their garage they will be in for a little shock.....and that would be more justice than just a flat tyre or two............

Remember if you see anyone doing this get their lic plate and report to national parkes and wildlife as it is an offence to kill an endangered or protected species and snakes are protected in Australia unless human life is at risk......:lol:

Remember if you see anyone doing this get their lic plate and report to national parkes and wildlife as it is an offence to kill an endangered or protected species and snakes are protected in Australia unless human life is at risk......:lol:

unfortunately I don't think NPWS care or really take it seriously. If anyone has ever been fined or charged under these circumstances from someone telling the NPWS that licence plate number ****** ran over a snake on purpose it would be welcome news to me.

I'm afraid the only ones that care are PARKS
People Against Rednecks Killing Snakes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back