Evolution question

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Would vegetarians evolve to be intellectually equal

• Of equal intelligence

Votes: 7 11.5%
  • Of lesser intelligence

Votes: 48 78.7%
  • Of greater intelligence

Votes: 6 9.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Very true Verdus, but that giant muscly Cro Magnon would also be the bully of the crowd who would forcefully take the spoils of the hunt from the quick, nimble and clever Cro Magnon, forcing the lesser sized of the two to have to go out and hunt again while the big guy impregnated all the women. Prior to law and justice, this would of (IMO) happened all the time.

A lot of big guys still throw their weight around. Just look at 95% of all bouncers. Ask them if they are superior to the smaller guys they intimidate. I would guess most would think they are at the pinnacle of the evolutionary tree. Sure there are exceptions, but usually, the less intelligent a person is, the more they think they are... I'm really digressing here :)

Having said all this, I am in total agreeance with you Veredus...

Very true Verdus, but that giant muscly Cro Magnon would also be the bully of the crowd who would forcefully take the spoils of the hunt from the quick, nimble and clever Cro Magnon, forcing the lesser sized of the two to have to go out and hunt again while the big guy impregnated all the women. Prior to law and justice, this would of (IMO) happened all the time.

A lot of big guys still throw their weight around. Just look at 95% of all bouncers. Ask them if they are superior to the smaller guys they intimidate. I would guess most would think they are at the pinnacle of the evolutionary tree. Sure there are exceptions, but usually, the less intelligent a person is, the more they think they are... I'm really digressing here :)

Having said all this, I am in total agreeance with you Veredus...
lol on that note about the bouncers this guys like 5'2'' and would make them cry like little girls lol. when my friend was at marine bootcamp that guy was his D.I and he said to the recruits who thinks they can take me down? so my friend said me sir and tried to and the D.I grabbed his arm twisted it the way its not meant to go and kicked his legs out from under him. my friend is 6'2'' and told me he never knew somebody so small could be so evil lol. check out this vid and you will see how tiny he is lol:lol: [video=youtube;Huqr2d2zc-I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Huqr2d2zc-I&mode=related&search=[/video]

vegetarians are just food for the meat eaters
the proteins in meat is what helped our brains develop
meat eaters 4 life

vegetarians are just food for the meat eaters
the proteins in meat is what helped our brains develop
meat eaters 4 life

It is good to see you can regurgitate advertising brought to you by Sam Neil

Supposedly all needed fats etc can be gotten from a vegetarian diet.
The argument we have eaten meat in the past and its helped us to this point is good but where is the relevance for the future regarding eating meat.........? Society has progressed so far from that individual, and how many people today go and kill animals to eat? Doesnt happen much.

Lastly a lot of vegetarians choose to not eat meat for ethical reasons. This means they have stepped up from the UGG Kill mentality and are using their MIND to provide sustanence. This could be said to evolutionarily be an advancement of the mind if the 'genetic trait' of ethics moves on in people.

Remember, we no longer carry clubs and eat mammoths. So why do we need that trait?

hmmnnn... human evolution, my favourite topic...

the vegetarian versus omnivore experiment has occured in our prehistory, and the vegetarian off shoot did not survive... i am not going to go into detail, but here are some names and ideas that you can all look into...
basically the "gracile" australopithecines branched into our genus homo and the genus paranthropus...
paranthropus were vegetarian and due to this diet are recognised by the massive jaw structure (they were previously and still by some considered to be "robust" australopithecines)...

I think SlothHead summed it up pretty well.

There is a graph floating around somewhere which shows the history of humans on a time line, demonstrating the importance of a carnivorous diet in the development of our brain.

It's been proven that red meat is an important part of a healthy diet, but if vegetarians choose not to eat meat then that is their choice. I personally think that vegetarians who refuse to eat animal products but then wear leather shoes are just a tad hypocritical.

I also hate it when people talk about evolution on an individual level. That goes against the whole concept of evolution. Anyway, if we were meant to be vegetarian - cows would be made out of tofu ;) I love my red meat.

Vego's need to spend much more time eating to gain their required nutrients compared to meat eaters, leaving less time for anything else, so I think over a long time that would have to dumb them down.

and why is there an assumption here that evolution is true?
it is a theory, not a fact. Darwin himself said that evolution cant be true, just no one listened because he had explained so much and he couldnt fight against it, as he only said it a few weeks before he died.....

Evolution can be seen, it is real no longer a theory but scientific fact.

think of it this way look at leftists alot of them are vegetarian and then look how they act and follow eachother like sheep. and believe anything another leftist or conspiracy nut tells them instead of researching and coming to their own conclusion and opinion. so hey thats gotta mean something lol:lol:

whose cause are you helping? Where is your research? Obviously none here but subjective discrimination.... the equivalent of which would be to say are that all meat eaters are right wing red necks incapable of independent thought.

Though you most definitely fall into this catergory, not all do, and you do them a disservice.

and why is there an assumption here that evolution is true?
it is a theory, not a fact. Darwin himself said that evolution cant be true, just no one listened because he had explained so much and he couldnt fight against it, as he only said it a few weeks before he died.....

its only theory to those people incapable of independent thought.

Vego's need to spend much more time eating to gain their required nutrients compared to meat eaters, leaving less time for anything else, so I think over a long time that would have to dumb them down.

rubbish. do some research. besides humans are not carnivores but omnivores. too much of anything is bad for you.

Im sorry guy but if u actually do a bit of research and you look into the realm of logic. Evolution is far more plausible than any other option. Evoloution can be observed in real time with micro organisms and viruses such as HIV. I beleive in 100 or so yrs even the religious folk will be admiting they were wrong about evolution just like the earth revolving around the sun.

I think these days 'Crap-ivors" or Chemi-vors' would be more descriptive of humanity!

Personally I find the Carnivor v's Herbivors Intelligence arguments hilarious, On the one hand if I claimed an animal of either disposition was intelligent, people would do their very best to shoot me down claiming animals are not intelligent bla bla, yet these same people are here getting hostile at each other claiming one or the other is more intelligent, citing all kinds of reasons!
The real question should be 'how intelligent are humans really?".

Last edited:
Okay, I'm just going to go with answering the original question and no, I don't think humans would have evolved to be as smart as we are today without meat.
In saying that though, I also don't think we would be living in such a world of violence etc if we evolved as a species that didn't slaughter animals to survive.

We live in a world today where we have the resources and such that you are able to quite easily survive on a vegetarian/vegan diet and get enough or perhaps even more nutrients than someone who chooses to eat meat.
This might not be everyones ideal way of living but fair enough, everyone has their opinion.

I went through and had a look at the number of new PhDs from a group of students I am familar with. Of the 6, 4 were vegetarians. So this post is not about fact, its about who people chose to discriminate against.. shame shame shame. does that mean that the vegetarians (of which I cannot say I am one) should put up a poll asking if all meat eaters were red neck fascists? fools.

I cannot believe that evolution is even an issue. It happens. Unfortunately we have stuffed up natural selection by allowing certain elements of the community to breed. Its a pity we cannot at least ban all religions and those with religious affiliation from politics. See how quickly wars and such like would dissipate. Patriarchal religion, the root of all evil. And yes, research does substantiate this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back