Pet Store on SPRINGVALE RD, VICTORIA! Urgent! Need your help!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah i remember that but remember the guy who owns the shop is tied in with dse somehow which would explain the lack of action being taken against him:evil:

He is not affiliated......he knows the guy who represents pet stores at the WPTAC?? meetings:evil: he just knows how to be a bully.....I know when I stood there arguing with them at least 10 people walked out of the store.....possibly more as I was physically thrown out.....but it was worth it....my voice was heard.....imagine what could happen if there were a few people in the carpark on the weekend....

Actually the whole place pretty much looks like a cluttered brothel. I doubt an hour or two would be sufficient to get the place in order.
yeah its disgusting conditions i cant believe they keep those birds of prey in such small aviaries :evil:

its a shame no decent animal owner had the collateral and opened a reputable pet shop close by. If you cant get them to look after their animals, one way to close them down would be competition. Who after all would bye from these shops when there is a better,cleaner option. I know i would personally preferr to buy from a shop with clean healthy looked after animals

I wonder if you could get some advice from Greenpeace.. Sure they mostly deal with offshore issues such as whaling etc, but I'm sure one of their representatives would be able to point you in the right direction as far as what types of avenues to follow, but even if they can't, its worth a try, right?

I'm actually suprised nobody has just broken into the bloody shop and taken all of the animals - then again, the shop would just get an insurance pay out if that happened.

so yeah just beeing reading through the thread, and its horrible, im will to basically do whatever it takes to put an end to that store short of burning it down, i'm planning to go there this weekend if i get a chance and will be videoing on my phone and taking a few snap shots about the place, and if any body else is willing let me know and we can either meet down there, and take this a little further

Maybe you could name the pet shop here, and post a warning on the home page of this site so many other people can see it. The more people who read about this will tell others. BAD NEWS TRAVELLS FASTER AND FURTHER THAN GOOD NEWS.

sweet well i'll be driving from hoppers crossing so prolly sometime round 11 once i pry myself from the warmth... and i dont know the specific address but i think i found the basic area, thank god for GPS

I wonder if you could get some advice from Greenpeace.. Sure they mostly deal with offshore issues such as whaling etc, but I'm sure one of their representatives would be able to point you in the right direction as far as what types of avenues to follow, but even if they can't, its worth a try, right?

I'm actually suprised nobody has just broken into the bloody shop and taken all of the animals - then again, the shop would just get an insurance pay out if that happened.
yes good idea but that could come back to bite us we dont need morons bitching about us keeping native animals as pets lol its the same with petards lol:lol:

Another point of contact may be the PIAA (Pet Industry Association of Australia) The store in question is associated with them under the name is the 'Australian Pet Superstore'.

yeah its disgusting conditions i cant believe they keep those birds of prey in such small aviaries :evil:

What the hell? Birds of prey? Illegalmuch?:evil::evil:
List:
-Get photos and video
-If you are a local, preferably a big one or a women, go and have words with the owner....video the conversation
-complain to authorities (done, but keep doing it)
-complain to ACA and Today tonite (use the video, and don't make it flattering, make sure its a ****ty video, bad light, etc)
-send petitions to animal breeders clubs, universities, etc, with attached photos of dead animals. Send one up here, I'll post it round JCU a few times.
-If you are in the area.....go in every few days and whinge you're a** off.
-Don't buy, and advise others not to buy, from them

I know its all been said, but I still had to write that...:oops:

What the hell? Birds of prey? Illegalmuch?:evil::evil:
List:
-Get photos and video
-If you are a local, preferably a big one or a women, go and have words with the owner....video the conversation
-complain to authorities (done, but keep doing it)
-complain to ACA and Today tonite (use the video, and don't make it flattering, make sure its a ****ty video, bad light, etc)
-send petitions to animal breeders clubs, universities, etc, with attached photos of dead animals. Send one up here, I'll post it round JCU a few times.
-If you are in the area.....go in every few days and whinge you're a** off.
-Don't buy, and advise others not to buy, from them

I know its all been said, but I still had to write that...:oops:
yeah im pretty sure it was an owl and an eagle i think they have a special licence to keep them

Interesting comment from authorities.....many complaints that are lodged about this company are disgruntled employees.....all I know is that after being physically removed I have not been permitted back in the store....bit too much of a trouble maker......but once again i have to say there is a lot said and nothing done!

How about a barricade on the door late friday night so the re is no opening on Sat morning. Im sure that people are following official chanells but what about Mayhem.Paper all over the windows saying "closed down due to animal cruelty," Im in for friday night if anyones game.:x

yeah im pretty sure it was an owl and an eagle i think they have a special licence to keep them

The birds of prey that were held there were a Whistling Kite and a pair of Masked Owls if I'm correct... These birds were taken away recently. they also had several Blue Winged Kookaburras which last time I checked were also illegal in Victoria.

For anyone who knows raptors and who had also seen these birds would agree with me that the conditions they were being kept in were atrocious; for starters they were kept in WIRE aviaries (which in raptors causes severe feather and cere damage amongst other things) that were FAR to small, especially for the whistling kite. There were also poorly sized perches for these birds and to top it all off, the cage floor was covered in faeces.

I personally can't wait to see this place be shut down,

Good luck team,
Trent

What about speaking with the state government about organising a herp society that is similar to the one for general pet shops? Can't remember what it is called, but essentially there could be a "National Reptile Society Member" sticker for pet stores who have passed a standard approval process. Stores who aren't members could still trade, but it could be something to set some sort of standard for acceptable practices, and could be an incentive for pet stores to try harded to be able to get that special tick of approval rather than just doing the bare minimum required to be legally allowed to trade in animals.

Damn, cracksinthepitch, WISH I was in melbourne right now, that would be my type of night. :twisted:
But I wouldnt do it of course. That would be illegal.

its a shame no decent animal owner had the collateral and opened a reputable pet shop close by. If you cant get them to look after their animals, one way to close them down would be competition. Who after all would bye from these shops when there is a better,cleaner option. I know i would personally preferr to buy from a shop with clean healthy looked after animals

What a fantastic idea. But if you're anything like me I'd be buying up the sick animals just so I can nurse them back to health. But to have another pet store across the street, next door even, would either clean him up or clean him out.

Have you seen the TV Series Animal Rescue? Perhaps you could visit their website and send them something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back