Renting & Reptiles

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyro

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
To all of those that rent i'm just wondering what do you say to real estate agents because i'm actually having a few unexpected replys & I think it's because I mentioned the s word:lol:Where I live at the moment is about an hour or so from my real estate so I never get inspections but we will be moving soon so I have started checking out properties & all is fine until I mention my reptiles & then they go all weird on me.So anyway how do you all go about it?

They have to give you notice before they inspect (I think it's a week??) and I don't see why reptiles would be a prob... I mean, it's not like they're destroy your carpet (like my bunnies!! Grrr...)

i rent and i have 5 snakes and they dont know about them lol i just plan on pawning them off to slim6y for a few days when they decide to inspect...nothing wrong with owning empty enclosures... lol

:lol:That thought has crossed my mind staryboy:)

I rent and just leave mine were the are , never found a property manager to care about them , as long as you are not destroying the property in any way , i dont think they care to much , my last property manager just did not do inspections cause she hates my snakes , but the new one has been and gone and never said a word ....

Pay your rent on time every week , be nice to all in the real estate office too ......

I've had snakes in 4 different rentals. I've always been upfront and honest. I haven't had any problems. The place I'm in now specifically mentioned no pets. After the first inspection our landlord told us we can get what we want.

We rent also... The snakes cause less bloody problems than my dogs do!!! Yet ppl freak out when they find out.... Ive never bothered telln the agents.... If they ask during an inspection, I tell em.... Evict us cuz we own snakes??? I DONT THINK SO!! :)

I've never had any problems either. All the estate agent cares about is property damage and noise - neither of which seem to be a problem for those who keep snakes.

Check any lease agreement. Unless they have a no animal clause there's no need for them to know

shouldn't be a problem i'm renting...landlord knows about the snake...real estate agent doesn't lol.
it specifically said no pets allowed, so looked into it further...herps come under the same class as fish, so if u can have a goldfish then a snake ok as well...like already said...its all about property damage and noise, so u should be fine

We're renting at the moment and I don't think the landlord really cares that we're keeping reptiles because they live in cages etc. We never get inspections but if there's something that needs to be fixed in the house they come to check it out, and we have massive aquariums all over the house, they hardly even take notice. I'm sure they don't like snakes but hey they're a lot cleaner and quieter than dogs...

I rent and i have 2 dogs and they are happy with us having them. I never told them when i got the snake, its not a big deal she doesnt make any mess in the house or any noise so i dont think they should have a problem...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back