Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We are being very conservative in our inclusions in the 20/20 offer. We have a fairly good estimate of the numbers we will produced based on confirmed ovulations. Nevertheless, after guestimating the numbers of young thatwill be produced, we have halved those numbers, and will only 'pre-sell' an equivalent to half the expected hatchos for a given morph/species. The individuals we will include in the offer will be those who commence feeding first.
I hope that helps to clarify things, but please ring me if anything is unclear.
Cheers,
Kane

i use the search function quite frequently actually - you'll notice i don't actually ask many questions or start too many new threads - snake ranch however, doesn't have a search function - and i want to know how much they're selling their animals for - crazy huh?
you have to sign up to view the prices, its free and only takes a min.

It is good for the general Herp community no Doubt.

Making more animals available to more people is a good thing I agree, but if I paid 18k for a pair of Roughies expecting to sell them for 10-12k pair now they have dropped to 7500 a pair in 12 months..

Again good for us, but would have set a few people off..

\
Good point Pugsly , especially if you brought them not long ago from SR and now they are the cheaper price , i think i would feel a bit peeved about it ......

What about those that paid $24k for a pair of roughies, even if it was for swaps, it is still a massive price drop in 3 years or so. I might wait till next year and get a pair for $5k. :D

Sure you would be peeved if you have done your doe, but in the end, your the one who paid for them, so surely if you were going to part with those sort of dollars, you would of seriously thought of what the prices of such animals would do by the time you bred them. As for roughies? well what are they? Carpets, that look a bit like a stimmie, have an attitude like a mamba, and a mouth full of teeth like a..........? well like a roughy. As soon as all the full on "Roughy Enthusiasts" get some, the price will crash as it won't be driven hard by general keepers as snakes like BH's, are, especially with albinos now becoming easily available. If you buy snakes to make cash, them's the breaks.

hmmm, if you paid 24k, grow them for 3 years, breed them, get 15 hatchys @ 3k eack, thats still 45k, almost double your investment in 3 years, where can you get that investment returns,
then next year you breed another 15 @ 2k each, still another 30k, thats 75k return in 4 years on an outlay of 24k

whats the trouble.................

That's the way some of us think Pony, other expect to get back what they paid for each snake, they see the prices of such animals and start dreaming......................

hmmm, if you paid 24k, grow them for 3 years, breed them, get 15 hatchys @ 3k eack, thats still 45k, almost double your investment in 3 years, where can you get that investment returns,
then next year you breed another 15 @ 2k each, still another 30k, thats 75k return in 4 years on an outlay of 24k

The only trouble i see mate , is that i dont have a pair :(

That's the way some of us think Pony, other expect to get back what they paid for each snake, they see the prices of such animals and start dreaming......................

exactly, the difference between real herpers and money keepers,

heh, i know dickyknee, but they are getting down to my price range, haha,

i use the search function quite frequently actually - you'll notice i don't actually ask many questions or start too many new threads - snake ranch however, doesn't have a search function - and i want to know how much they're selling their animals for - crazy huh?
Are you a member of Snake Ranch?
If not, sign up and you will get an updated price list.:D

sssshhhhh!! :rolleyes:

Hi,
I think it's great and I would love to buy some albino's.
However, in Queensland the EPA's guideline on conditions and restrictions for the keeping of wildlife state that "it is an offence to knowingly breed a mutation or hybrid of a restricted bird or ANY species of reptile or amphibian". I take it that albino's are mutations, right?
Does any body know what the go is with this restriction, is it still in force.?

Albinos are natural and can be found in the wild, which is the origin of most albino reptiles in captivity.

Unlike mongrel hybrids, which no state would want you to breed.

What about those that paid $24k for a pair of roughies, even if it was for swaps, it is still a massive price drop in 3 years or so. I might wait till next year and get a pair for $5k. :D

yeh its put me of buying alot of things, and a few people i know, if there selling pairs of hets for $1250 i would rather wait till next year and see what there charging for there albinos, saves waiting 3years to actuly have an albino!

If someone bought snakes with the only intention of making money and didnt take into account the possibility of such price drop i say HAHA(nelson voice).

Albinos are natural and can be found in the wild, which is the origin of most albino reptiles in captivity.
There is no clause about being natural or not, but i havnt see any legal defintions of these terms.

Im fairly sure all snakes are hybrids and have mutations its just a matter of how much.

exactly, the difference between real herpers and money keepers,

heh, i know dickyknee, but they are getting down to my price range, haha,

It is true what you say about the roughies, it is just the thought of investing so much money and now getting very litle ROI. I am not saying the money wouldn't be nice, but a clucth of 15 at $12000 each, that is some serious cash. I suppose a bit like breeding albino olives.

Anyone that has a large collection of animals doesn't do it, just for the shear pleasure of it. It may be part of it, but not totally. You wouldn't keep 30, 40, 50+ reptiles and not breed them. You can't tell me that your not making any money when you breed a clucth of 25 coastals and sell them for $200 each or more, or a clutch of jungles for $500 each, how about a clutch of 30+ Bredli at $300 each. C'mon, everyone who breeds is in it because they can make a dollar. Maybe not as much as some or those with high end animals but you certainly get enough to pay some bills and have a holiday or two. Show me a person who has a collection of 10 or 20 animals that doesn't breed them and make their money back and then a heap more. If you are not in it for the money, you could sell hatchies of any python for $50 and still make a few dollars. So, if you are not in it to make a few bucks, I expect to see a heap of people selling their pythons for $50 bucks each this year.:D And maybe some patternless levis for the same price as well.......;):lol:

Cheers
Daz

Hi,
I think it's great and I would love to buy some albino's.
However, in Queensland the EPA's guideline on conditions and restrictions for the keeping of wildlife state that "it is an offence to knowingly breed a mutation or hybrid of a restricted bird or ANY species of reptile or amphibian". I take it that albino's are mutations, right?
Does any body know what the go is with this restriction, is it still in force.?

There are a heap of people in QLD that have albinos. I am not sure of your rules up there, but they obviously aren't too concerned about it, or else people like True Blue, vridis etc wouldn't have albinos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back