Fijian banded iguana

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
lol spilota... rekon wes can be barginnin wiff de unedumakated man?? gets some for 500 a pop?? ok it hurts my head to type that bad lol... still waiting on confirmation on my easter bunny

just a question, does anyone actually police these sites(those with the dodgy ads)?
Failing that does anyone mention these ads to the authorities so they can follow up and try to nab these guys?

Several of the State and Federal authorities regularly peruse the Petlink ads.

khagan said:
Well i dont think they cant exactly follow up and try to get them, because pretending to purchase their animal to get their address etc then going and arresting them would be entrapment wouldnt it?

It would be considered entrapment if the authorities advertised on petlink (under a false name, of course) that they wanted to buy a corn snake, and someone then offered them one and that person then got charged. But if the seller advertises first, it's not entrapment.

And anyway, the entrapment laws are something in the USA and don't apply in Australia (although there is agent provocatuer which is similar).

:p

Hix

I'd just like to say...
This guy selling the iguanas, "THE GHOST", seems for-real...
A few weeks back he had put an ad up on Petlink to sell indian star tortoises, and a couple of WTB ads for something else exotic. I emailed the person (Don't ask what I wrote 'cause I completely forget, I don't keep track of emails in my memory:p) and the next day they put up another ad in conjunction with the tortoise ad saying you need a current zoo licence to be able to buy these..:rolleyes:
Now, a few weeks later, they've put up another ad to say the tortoises have been sold and they are now selling the iguanas...

So if this guy is just kidding around, a few weeks is a pretty long time to stay amused by such a thing:lol:

I've sent another email, just now, expressing interest in them and asking for some pics... We'll see what happens.

Check your lists from NPWS, Coxy. Asian House Geckos (Hemidactylus frenatus) are on a Class 1 license in NSW, and I believe on a basic license in other states.

:p

Hix

Well i dont think they cant exactly follow up and try to get them, because pretending to purchase their animal to get their address etc then going and arresting them would be entrapment wouldnt it?

No, I don think so. They made the initial offer in their ad.

Should reply to it and say youll take all of em,
then just toy around with him sayin youve gotta wait till you get paid etc.
Then he'll be so excited cos he thinks he actually scammed someone!!!!
Should also ask him husbandry techniques, see if he actually knows what hes talkin about

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back