biggest Scrubbie

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
kewl i just said what it said on the thread. nice 2 know what it is

fuscus, i would say it is probably at animal attractions in hoppers, thats where elepid68 is from.
my money is on that.

I'm pretty sure elaipid68 has said in previous threads that the animal in question belongs to Tim from URS, but I may be wrong.

I read the same Reptile Australia Mag, and the writer basically said Eric Worrel did not actually substantiate the 8.5 m specimen. He got this info second hand and because he was such a respected pioneer of the whole Herp thing in Oz no person doubted him. The Author went on to state he believed the actual average size of a large scrub python is more likely to be 4.5 - 6 m (approx, from memory). Based upon some hundred odd specimens he had collected over the years.
It.s a bit like politics and religion, we could argue for hours but the bottom line is what is the biggest scrubbie every to be accurately and reliable documented?

Davo

P.S I kinda liked the 8.5 m statistic, thats a heavy duty length either way you look at it lol

I could be wrong but that scrubby with elapid68 could be one of two at URS. That sure looks like URS in the background.

fuscus, i would say it is probably at animal attractions in hoppers, thats where elepid68 is from.
my money is on that.

Sorry bigi, you loose.
You've got to get up early in the morning to try and fool Fuscus, I even photoshopped the URS sign off the wall but he still picked it.

I read somewhere a while ago the largest caught and measured and 100% authenticated was 18.5ft (5.64m) and the same article said that reports of up to 28ft (unproven) have been recorded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back