• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Pythons and Snakes and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

V.Acanthurus - WA 'Sandfire' Locality

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aslan

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
FOR SALE:

One 7mth old (approx.) WA 'Sandfire' locale Varanus acanthurus...

Bred by Mark Wiltshire last season.

Unsexed - showing brilliant Orange/Yellow colourations as all good 'Sandfires' should.

This young Ackie is very active and feeding VERY well on everything offered to him. It is in great condition, however, is missing approximately 1cm from the tip of it's tail.

Paid $250 last season - asking $300 firm.

Would prefer locale buyer but am open to the idea of freight at the buyers expense.
-----------------------------------------------
- PICS TO COME OVER THE WEEKEND -
-----------------------------------------------

I can be contacted via PM or on 0438766316.

- Simon -

any pictures of it? and parents if you have any?

any pictures of it? and parents if you have any?

Gotta go visit the missus grandparents up Newcastle way today...depending on what time I get home I may get some photos tonight - most likely tomorrow some time though...

...I don't have any photos of the parents - but as stated, this Ackie was bred by Mark Wiltshire - I was happy to trust his reputation as one of the best lizard breeders getting around and was not disappointed...

...I am selling to make room as I have an adult pair of Kimberley Region Ackies and the female is looking decidedly round after quite a bit of harassment by her male - I will, hopefully, need the space soon ;)

...I will definately be approaching Mark for a trio of Sandfires again in a season or two - my only regret is not buying a trio of these last time around ;)

Simon

Finally some Photos...

Hey guys,

Had the Ackie out today for some photos and noticed he was a fair way through a shed - so I gave him a quick soak and got some photos while I dried him off...he seems much more relaxed when he's in the towel...

Some pictures of his patterning and colours - his head is generally much darker, almost black (the same colour as the black on his tail which has already shed) but is in the process of shedding - most of his back is shed although some is still coming off...

Attachments

• JuvAckie003.JPG
    JuvAckie003.JPG
    124.3 KB · Views: 165
  • JuvAckie006.JPG
    JuvAckie006.JPG
    116 KB · Views: 160
  • JuvAckie010.jpg
    JuvAckie010.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 183
Last edited:
Some pictures of his tail - as you can see it is only a tiny amount missing...

...I will take this opportunity to apologise for any photos that may be over flashed or blurry - I don't know jack about cameras - some are without flash, some are with, some are focussed, some are blurry... ;)

Attachments

• JuvAckie007.JPG
    JuvAckie007.JPG
    140.8 KB · Views: 107
  • JuvAckie009.JPG
    JuvAckie009.JPG
    161.4 KB · Views: 81
...and two of it back inside it's enclosure (unfortunately through dirty glass) although I think they turned out reasonably well... ;)

Attachments

• JuvAckie013.jpg
    JuvAckie013.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 94
  • JuvAckie014.jpg
    JuvAckie014.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 127
SOLD - pending payment...

Thankyou to all those who showed interest...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back