venomous snake handling course

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
you'd be surprised how many people bag their first Pseudonaja textilis first time round.

Hi, don't quit know what u'r purpose of doin a ven course is but what ever it is(license I'm guessing) make sure u have a few good references (really good references)......... cheers

G/B.....

Yeah I'm 17 and did Hoser's course aswell.
The good thing about the course is that not only do you learn how to handle vens for personal reasons, like keeping them,
but once youve done the course you can apply to DSE to become a snake catcher wildlife controller what ever ya want to call it... and just to let you know Hosers course was $300 from 7:30 till about 5:00 from memory if your interested

Cheers

so if u do this snake course that this raymond hoser dude does..does he suppliy the snakes you do it with..would it matter weather to the person trying to be taught weather the snkae had venom or not..or had it been removed...im sorry i just dont understand that..does it change a snakes personality...if they have stuff removed,..or doesnt really matter if yr being trained on highly venomuos snakes that arent really venomous...is there are point to that...???

so if u do this snake course that this raymond hoser dude does..does he suppliy the snakes you do it with..would it matter weather to the person trying to be taught weather the snkae had venom or not..or had it been removed...im sorry i just dont understand that..does it change a snakes personality...if they have stuff removed,..or doesnt really matter if yr being trained on highly venomuos snakes that arent really venomous...is there are point to that...???

If you are being trained on stuff that could kill you, you will approach it in a different way....if you know it cant hurt you then you are more willing to step in!

$300 for one day....$350 for 2 days!! You tell me twice the time....only $50 more what do you reckon...worth it??? Again I would suggest asking DSE which courses are approved before you do the course.

but isnt that the whole idea to be trained in venomous snakes ...is how they are is what they are....not what peopole have made them to be...
im sorry but i just dont see the sense in doing something like that ....training someone on a venomous animal thats not really venomous...it all comes down to experience..and everyone does it different...and like .herpheaven said...If you are being trained on stuff that could kill you, you will approach it in a different way....if you know it cant hurt you then you are more willing to step in! that exact comment means everything when it comes to venomous snakes..

but isnt that the whole idea to be trained in venomous snakes ...is how they are is what they are....not what peopole have made them to be...
im sorry but i just dont see the sense in doing something like that ....training someone on a venomous animal thats not really venomous...it all comes down to experience..and everyone does it different...and like .herpheaven said...If you are being trained on stuff that could kill you, you will approach it in a different way....if you know it cant hurt you then you are more willing to step in! that exact comment means everything when it comes to venomous snakes..
but at the same time the venomoid would be good to build up confidence on and then move onto one with its venom glands intact

yes i see what yr saying..but i dont really believe that is how the majority of the new and up coming snake handlers etc would want to learn..old school snaake people never learnt that way..so why should it be any different for the younger generation of snake people....as you were saying the problem with training on a void one you would lose the respect for that animal,,which is alot to do with the way you catch them..anyone will tell you..you have to have respect for you browns,reb bellies etc,,cse if u dont then u get complancance and get tagged....and i dont belive that you should be trained only omnce then be able to be a snake handler,catcher4 etc.....my husband has been doing it for ovber 20 years and he learns something new all the time...and he has respect for the venomous stuff...experience is something we all learn..not something that is taught to us in a day...

yes i see what yr saying..but i dont really believe that is how the majority of the new and up coming snake handlers etc would want to learn..old school snaake people never learnt that way..so why should it be any different for the younger generation of snake people....as you were saying the problem with training on a void one you would lose the respect for that animal,,which is alot to do with the way you catch them..anyone will tell you..you have to have respect for you browns,reb bellies etc,,cse if u dont then u get complancance and get tagged....and i dont belive that you should be trained only omnce then be able to be a snake handler,catcher4 etc.....my husband has been doing it for ovber 20 years and he learns something new all the time...and he has respect for the venomous stuff...experience is something we all learn..not something that is taught to us in a day...
yeah im only doing it too learn the basics ill probably go to snake handler due to more learning time etc and the 8hours of handson stuff. im not doing it to become a snake catcher im doing it for herping because it sounds like a fun addition to the hobby and in the future i hope to get a djarra adder or 2:)

sounds like aplan..lol..lol..its always good to do the basic stuff first,,and learning time..and experience makes a good keeper....and sounds like you have ideas for thoses adders..their a beautiful snake...always remember no matter how fast you think yr hand is the adder is faster...:)

and good luck with yr future reptile training and stuff..

sounds like aplan..lol..lol..its always good to do the basic stuff first,,and learning time..and experience makes a good keeper....and sounds like you have ideas for thoses adders..their a beautiful snake...always remember no matter how fast you think yr hand is the adder is faster...:)
yeah lol i just hope i dont get one that has the same temperament as my female beardie:lol:

Hoser (snakebuster)

who is the best to do it with? after reading Raymond Hosers site it has just made it a harder decision:?

From a personal hands on experience I think you could learn a lot from either co**** but I doubt that Sean & Stacey are going to let you handle a brown because their insurance probably wont allow it.
As for death adders the only real thing browns & adders have in common is the speed they will hit you with and that they are probably the two most likely snakes to envenomate when they bite
.A part from that they are 2 very different snakes.
You showed an interest in adders and Hoser co**** would teach you more about adders as he done more work and research withs adder and also been involved with the naming of certain species of adders.
At the end of the day you will get some very good advise from either co**** but as far experience goes and hands on knowledge Raymond Hoser is the most experienced snake demonstrator/catcher around.

"Raymond Hoser is the most experienced snake demonstrator/catcher around."

According to him that is.....
He also is the self proclaimed "twice voted most respected australian herpetologist"

"Raymond Hoser is the most experienced snake demonstrator/catcher around."

According to him that is.....
He also is the self proclaimed "twice voted most respected australian herpetologist"

that funniest thing ive read all day...:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:...........according to me that is..........................

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back