Beware Albino/ Hybrid buyers

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
As crazy as this might sound, Chany79, you are spot on. This is why it is important to know where you legally stand and tell them how it is but politely. I am a slow learner but have now learnt you catch more flies with honey.

Yeah, but pretty much everything is a mutation, so technically you couldn't breed anything if you went off that.

Please noone try and make sense of the EPA's advice on anything to do with licensing etc.. Their story changes from rep to rep.. 90% of them don't have a freakin clue and even more really couldnt' care less... If you ever call them and get an answer you don't like, call them back the next day and you'll generally get the answer you want.

In my opinion, a species is a species albino or not & thus albinism should not have any effect on licensing...

Lol mate, I rang them at-least thrice to find out what I needed to get my Ven license and each time I got a different reply.... When I finally went there to get it on paper, I got a totally diff reply..... Hmmmmmmmm and they know the rules:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Last edited:
Hey,
They have to protect their jobs and the reptiles.
It is illegal to breed hybrid native birds, full stop!
and I agree with hybrids reptiles been bred being illegal.
after all you dont want to perpetuate the problem.
But I really wasn't fussed over the hybrid breeding been illegal as it really is just commonsense anyway.
I just want some albino's!!!
Has anyone bought any bred in qld? Or do they know of someone who has?
Cheers

When I asked what was needed for me to keep more than 2 Womas on my recreational license I was informed by a very knowledgeable person that the law had been changed and I could keep as many as I wanted. Thios of course was not the case and AFTER buying a further 2 I was informed that I did indeed need an 'upgrade' of my license. Thankfully it proved easy to get but the point is that very few of the people in charge seem to know the true situation and the exact definitions of THEIR rules.
I have no doubt keeping and breeding albinos in Queensland is no problem but the wording of their rules is so ambiguous that it does lead to this sort of confusion.
There are numerous breeders breeding and openly advertising albinos in Queensland.

As crazy as this might sound, Chany79, you are spot on. This is why it is important to know where you legally stand and tell them how it is but politely. I am a slow learner but have now learnt you catch more flies with honey.
MMMMM deluded Kiwi thinks the flys are after honey,its really you they desire,the smell of sheepy lovers lingers long time! LOLz

Hi,
I don't want anyone to name names!
Just a simple yes I know someone who did, will do.
Cheers

Hey Dave,
You know the epa in regards to myself. I dont want to get made an example of!!
I double check (triple) everything these days.
You learnt the same thing.
Cheers

I really do know where you are coming from. I still remember the days when seeing a fauna squad car approaching my house it meant me having to run out the back door to set my fauna record book on fire. Na, I couldn’t go through those days again.

Hey,
We really miss you over here. It took the focus off my face. which as you know is a good thing.
Yes they were the crazy days. Set your book on fire lol, some probally think you are joking.
I remember one guy who attacked his record book with a jigsaw and told them the rats chewed it.
O'shea, Shep, East, I kind of miss those guys. Not that I want them to drop in.
Cheers

I am sure they did see me like that. Sheppy called me his nemesis.
In Gosford I was the Gosford Gangster.
I was a victim of cruel lies and rumours
always trying to blame me for something.
But it never worked out for them.
We out lasted them all, they aren't never coming back.
Cheers
Bin laden/ Bin Herping

Hi,
Got a bit off topic there!
But we haven't heard from any of the albino breeders.
Do they know if they are allowed to sell their albino's in QLD.
I am looking for a precedent. (spelling?) As joked about it the last couple of posts I don't need the hassle.
So to the guys who are breeding their albino's in qld, surely you guys could tell us.?

Well Bwana without wanting to name names there is a breeder up your way that is openly advertising both albino carpets and Olives this season. That doesn't mean it's legal of course. Strictly speaking it is illegal if you read the regulations but I don't see too many people losing any sleep over it. It is also illegal to own exotics but 99% of the GTP's are just that.

Hi,
Got a bit off topic there!
But we haven't heard from any of the albino breeders.
Do they know if they are allowed to sell their albino's in QLD.
I am looking for a precedent. (spelling?) As joked about it the last couple of posts I don't need the hassle.
So to the guys who are breeding their albino's in qld, surely you guys could tell us.?

Hey Mr Nemesis,

At this point in time the only actual albino reptiles that have been bred in Qld are albino adders which as you know , were first bred over ten years ago and none have been confiscated.

I think it's a fine line but I say let sleeping dogs lie. It's like pandora's box, if they want to pin you on something, the epa probably could hold it against you if it went to court over another reptile related matter, but I highly doubt that breeders of albino's would end up in strife for the sake of it.

Like previously said, It would be hard handing over some big coin for an animal that is under a grey area in regards to legalitys.

Cheers,

Nick

they cant do anything. the albinos were first found in the wild therefor it was a naturally occuring "mutation'. i think its a joke, i would happily buy and breed them in queensland, they want to take it to court go for it. unless they could prove it wasnt a natural mutation they couldnt do anything, thats like saying striped animals, hypos etc cant be kept and breed.
buy them and breed them!

a friend of mine was told by the rangers if he is found breeding albinos they would take his collection.

Yeah well that is just scare mongering, that is plainly ridiculous.

Hi Nick,
Yes I know only too well about the albino adders as myself and buckley bred 4 albino's from animals from arp and krauss. Several times I was warned I could lose them and because it was illegal to bred them,
the albino's were shipped back interstate.
They are still a few hets in QLD.
So I know for a fact that you cannot breed them in QLD. That is why I wanted to know if the law had changed in QLD since I had the adders. Don't want to go through that again.
Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back