Beware Albino/ Hybrid buyers

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well at least we can be thankful we aren't in WA or Victoria for that matter.

ive been in contact with qpws and they dont seem to have a problem with it.
As has been said, albinos are a naturally occurring mutation, so really even if qpws wanted to do something about it, in a court of law they wouldnt stand a chance.

Hi Rob,
It that a fact?
Who did you talk too and when?
I have spent several hours on the 'phone and was told point blank that it was illegal to breed albino's , which are still a colour mutation, naturally occurring or not.
The advice I recieved came via Townsville office (which is I believe the guys you deal with)
So can you guarantee to the buyers of albino's in QLD that they can legally breed and sell their progeny?
And please once again, who did you speak to and when?
Just because they don't charge one person, doesn't mean they wont charge another.
Not everybody has the funds to prove their point in court.
When did the law change, Rob.

Nothing has changed, the rules are exactly as stated in the guidelines. At the end of the day it makes no difference who you speak to unless it is the man (or woman) at the top.
With how widespread they are becoming I doubt it would be taken as far as having animals confiscated but really who knows ?

Hi Nick,
Yes I know only too well about the albino adders as myself and buckley bred 4 albino's from animals from arp and krauss. Several times I was warned I could lose them and because it was illegal to bred them,
the albino's were shipped back interstate.
They are still a few hets in QLD.
So I know for a fact that you cannot breed them in QLD. That is why I wanted to know if the law had changed in QLD since I had the adders. Don't want to go through that again.
Cheers
i know someone else upnorth with albino adders

not wanting to get into this as i always end up getting attacked, heh, but i also have had the pleasure to see some het albino death adders up close and he was told if he bred them he would lose his collection, and this guy wasn't a nobody, he is one of the most respected reptile owner in his area, and also helps epa with any snake rescues,

but who cares, i'm getting some albino hets, i'll just breed them beside my illegal hybrids................

it's funny how some that are trying to bend the rules for albinos are the most outspoken about hybrids and crosses being illegal,

but i am enjoying this debate,

any qld breeders want to give me there albinos to look after.......................

The ranger I spoke to said you could keep anything you obtain legally

sounds like the info you got wasnt correct as that is not the case, illegally obtained animals cannot be legally kept. As for them being no different on your books, people advertise them but no1 gets busted, unless they just turn a blind eye.

I personally consider albino's and hybrid's to be like apples and oranges...

I don't think you can really make comparisons between the two.

The EPA is like any other government department - call them enough times and you'll get the answer you want. Doesn't help though, if the answer is based on them providing misinformation.

He said you can keep anything you obtain legally. You can't legally obtain illegal animals.

oops lol i thought it said illegal, my bad

Ponybug, I fail to see how you find it funny that some people who want to breed albinos are morally adhered to the concept of breeding hybrids. I think you will find that the legality of both actions has little bearing and its each breeders own ethical morality that determines what they support. Also never forget that the QLD wildlife act has a general purpose summarized by a statement in beginning and I am very confident that any section within that act must adhere to the purpose of the act and must not contradict. This in my opinion is where certain words and their perceived meaning could be successfully challenged before a court of law. If action is threatened I would suggest the judicial review tribunal is the place to take a case.

Cheers Dave

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

both are illegal in qld, if one can be dismissed then so can the other, i don't care about any big words anybody wants to use, bottom line, both are illegal, i'm not talking about moral feelings, we are talking about the legal issue, i have been told over the last 2 years how i was a criminal for breeding a natural occuring intergrade with a coastal, ummmm, the natural occuring intergrade was a coastal x diamond, so how could what i did be called breeding a hybrid, they like albinos are found in THE WILD....................

but lets leave this for a different thread and not hi-jack this very interesting topic..............

would this mean APS is in violation of the law, nd hence its own site rules, if it lets a QLDer win the albino comp?

no forensick, it's only illegal for us to breed them, but if we buy them from another state it's legal, we just can't knowingly breed them,

this point was made in the first couple posts in this thread............

yeah, but given this thread is slightly contradictory.... and that makes little sense

its like saying its illegal to breed your captive GTP, but can buy one from overseas

although i probably shouldnt expect any of these laws to actually make sense

Hi,
When they did they said that they (the epa) had a meeting about albino /mutations last week in Brisbane and were very concerned but said yes, if I got them from interstate, I could keep them but could not breed/sell them, which at this stage is still unlawful.
BYW,This only applies to QLD
Cheers
Bwana

hope this explains it a bit better...............

yeah, but given this thread is slightly contradictory.... and that makes little sense

its like saying its illegal to breed your captive GTP, but can buy one from overseas

although i probably shouldnt expect any of these laws to actually make sense

not the same mate, our laws clearly state we aren't allowed to knowingly BREED them, not that we can't own them, same applys for hybrids, thats why i can buy them from other states and keep them legally,

i have been told over the last 2 years how i was a criminal for breeding a natural occuring intergrade with a coastal, ummmm, the natural occuring intergrade was a coastal x diamond, so how could what i did be called breeding a hybrid, they like albinos are found in THE WILD....................

Are you serious? After all the hybrid/intergrade debates we've seen, you still do not know the difference between a hybrid and an intergrade?? :shock:

the natural occuring intergrade was a coastal x diamond

That sentence makes absolutely no sense at all. :rolleyes:

Are you serious? After all the hybrid/intergrade debates we've seen, you still do not know the difference between a hybrid and an intergrade?? :shock:

That sentence makes absolutely no sense at all. :rolleyes:

Thanks MrB i was thinking the exact same, but didnt want to get into a debate.:lol:

if ti makes albinos illegal because of there odd colour gene then it must make hypos illegal as well because of their "lack of black"gene.then if someone has a jungle that isn't yellow and black then that must be an illegal mutant as well.if someone has a maccie thats spots are linked into stripes,it must be an illegal mutant as well.i fail to see how colour can make something a mutant.2 heads,13 legs maybe,but not colour.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back