ridgeys laying now

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

richardsc

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
ok,well the gillens eggs are going strong,caught them mating again yesterday so hoping for another clutch before to long,anyways went to check on the fat as stoors girl,still no sign of laying,though shes slowed right down on the eating so im assuming any day now,anyways checked the ridgey lass and noticed her digging in her nest box.
shes still digging away today so should drop eggs very soon,shes not as big as she normally looks before laying this year,but looking forward to seeing how many she lays,her first clutches are usually in the 7 to 9 range

i will keep u posted

Attachments

• P9260006 (Small).JPG
    P9260006 (Small).JPG
    54.9 KB · Views: 131
just checked on her,its 711 pm shes still digging,lol,so will recheck again shortly,maybe she will hang on till tommorrow,will keep u posted

congrats

i am getting some ridgies this season are they easy to breed?

re ridgeys

Hope things go well for your ridgeys and storrs richard,interesting the baby monitors,fun to watch hunting crix!

well ridgeys have bred last 4 years straight,this is first year for gillens which have laid all ready and storrs,anyday now,so if kept correctly i couldnt say there hard to breed,getting eggs is one thing,hatching is another,ridgeys have been successful though,thanks for your comments guys

Richard,
Hope all your Ridge-Tailed and Storr's and Pigmy-Mulga Monitor's all go well in breeding and hatching for you, it must be your year for breeding Monitor's mate good luck, please keep me posted on how many eggs a laid from each of your Monitor's.

yep the little ones are cool,good luck with your wa,s,wouldnt mind a group of them,not sure where mine originated,the male is mega yellow,long and sleek,female is yellowy as well but has a reddish tinge to her

ok,24 hours later got home from work tonite and shes layed at least one egg so far,has dug just a hole instead of a burrow so i hope the male hasnt been into the eggs,i fed the bejesus out of him the last few days as last season he got to both clutches before me,anyways shes still in there trying to lay so there could be more i havnt seen yet,ill keep going back to look and ill get some pics

still just the one egg,i hope the male didnt get any,i just took him out and seperated him,as u can see in the pic shes still in the nestbox and pushing so at least with the male removed,which i should have done earlier she will have a chance to lay in peace,normally she digs a tunnel like in my gillens thread but last season and first time this season shes dug a hole so the male can access the eggs whilst shes laying and has no fighting energy to prevent it,maybe i didnt moisten the sand enough or perhaps need to upsize her laying box,anyways ill check on her progress in an hour or so,oh heres a pic of the male in his holding cage,took a bit to catch him,lol

Attachments

• P9280008 (Small).JPG
    P9280008 (Small).JPG
    59.5 KB · Views: 50
  • P9280013 (Small).JPG
    P9280013 (Small).JPG
    36.2 KB · Views: 38
Congratulation's how exciting, i love ridge tailed monitor's. I really cant wait to get a pair,
cheers,
brad.

Congratulations Richard,

l hope she as laid a few more eggs overnight, and they a all fertile and healthy looking, l know how you must be feeling right now mate full of excitement and happy.:p

well i got just 2 eggs,obviously didnt get the male out soon enough,he obviously just jumps in there and helps him self,he did the same with both clutches last season so will be taken out in future,hes had to much reptile caviar,lol,the eggs are slightly shorter than the gillens eggs but slightly wider,i got a pic so will post it later,now just waiting for the storrs girl to lay her first of the season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back