Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
You shouldn't need a book for that one pugsly. It"s Hemiaspis signata, the swamp snake.
You claim to know the difference between diamonds/ intergrade ect., and to have "caught hundreds of Diamond pythons" . But don"t know what a swamp snake is. lol.
If you had really caught hundreds of Diamonds then surely you would have come across a swamp snake before. Makes one wonder.
Cheers

def not demansia, marsh snake for sure
very nice one too

Hi,
You shouldn't need a book for that one pugsly. It"s Hemiaspis signata, the swamp snake.
You claim to know the difference between diamonds/ intergrade ect., and to have "caught hundreds of Diamond pythons" . But don"t know what a swamp snake is. lol.
If you had really caught hundreds of Diamonds then surely you would have come across a swamp snake before. Makes one wonder.
Cheers

Lets all take a stab at someone for asking what snake they took a pic of :rolleyes:.

Hi,
Cheers

Classic :lol: .....Hundred's; amazing effort :rolleyes:

bwana

Please tell me where I stated I have "caught hundreds of Diamond pythons" I think you will find that I have never claimed that at ALL.

There are snakes I am interested in and snakes Im not. I saw this guy as I let Port Macquarie the other night, after a 6 hour drive home, loaded the pic at 1.30 in the morning to see if I could get a quick ID. I wasnt in the mood to go through my books.

Have I seen them before? Yes, but never photographed one.

So get off your high horse you goose.

Here is a nice one :D

100_1619.jpg

Hi,
I believe it was in Allana's Diamonds for sale thread that you stated that you had caught hundreds of diamonds. This was the thread that was deleted because you claimed they were not pure diamonds. They were! What the hell would you know! Allana even dropped the price $400.00 over it.
If you can't even identify a swamp snake , then you really shouldn't be advising anybody.
Make all the excuses you like.
It's better to keep your mouth shut and be thought of as a fool, than to open it and remove all doubt.
Cheers

They weren't pure Diamonds you goose! No offence Allana, but they just weren't.

They weren't pure Diamonds you goose! No offence Allana, but they just weren't.

I am for one not an expert on Diamonds in any sense.
I believe what most fail to realise is; that twenty years ago (ok; give or take);
is that nobody was very successful at breeding Diamonds at all...including the yanks.
Well then you have it....all of a sudden they were being bred readily...why?
Simple they were crossed with carpets.
What we ended up with was a animal that was a lot easier to breed.
Some what hardier in compassion to the pure Diamonds etc etc.
Needless to say; some years later we see all these animals that don't quite fit the pure
Diamond picture...that's man and his wisdom for you.
Talk about the Children's group being crossed; lets not forget Diamonds in the process....plus the rest; :rolleyes:
What about the exception's to the rule?...the odd markings one may have as opposed to another?
Lets not even go into locality and intermediate forms found through out their range.....
Does all this then point towards the fact most know bugger all in regard's to where one's beloved line of Diamonds came from....including most of those experts :rolleyes: now that have breeding them for sometime?
Simple really....unless you know the full story on your Diamond (eg caught it yourself);
you can play the expert; and make educated guess's all you want.....mmmmmm; interesting; now we have a new age of those herpers keen to create more hybrids.....gives those in the future something to debate.....well done ;)

What's with the name calling?
What are your claims to fame Mr B?....
What experience do you have; which makes you such an expert on diamonds Mr B?
Do you have any idea who Bwana is?...or his knowledge on diamonds, Mr B?
Don't get those knickers in a twist; just curious; that's all ;)

To answer your question, without getting my knickers in a knot, i live in Sydney, and see pure Diamonds in the wild on a regular basis. So i'm going on what my eyes and my experience tell me. I don't know who bwana is, but i am aware he has quite a bit of experience in the reptile world, not that i care.

Let me ask you a question indicus, and i'll direct this to bwana also... ARE YOU AWARE THAT THE PERSON WHO SOLD THESE TO ALLANA SOLD THEM AFTER REALISING THEY WEREN'T PURE DIAMONDS? Yes i do have a pretty good memory, thanks.

Also your first few sentences were spot on indicus, the large majority of Diamonds currently in captivity will have Coastal blood in there somewhere. Excluding some lines that can be traced back to their original collection from the wild, plus a number of animals declared during the amnesty.

P.S. I thought the word goose was rather tame considering his blast at Pugsly.
P.P.S. My claim to fame is banging 4 cheerleaders in one night. :)

ISimple really....unless you know the full story on your Diamond (eg caught it yourself);

Not even then Indicus,wasn't the pic from Royal National Park I.D.ed as an intergrade????
Someone should start a thread with wild diamond pics from known localities for everyone to look at.
I have a couple but they are slides, I need to digitalise them.

I was going to mention that snake in my reply pike, as i knew it would come up. I believe that animal was clearly a result of a Carpet being released, or escaping, into the park at some point in the past. I think the snake was found right on the edge of the NP if i'm not mistaken, so that would support my theory.

Let me ask you a question indicus, and i'll direct this to bwana also... ARE YOU AWARE THAT THE PERSON WHO SOLD THESE TO ALLANA SOLD THEM AFTER REALISING THEY WEREN'T PURE DIAMONDS? Yes i do have a pretty good memory, thanks.

No i wasn't aware Mr B.....thanks for informing me/and all the others.
Interesting....what made him realise...the experts?;
either way your memory is not in question.

P.P.S. My claim to fame is banging 4 cheerleaders in one night. .

That's worthy enough i guess :lol:

What picture are you referring to Pike?....
I feel like i've missed something; do you have a copy; or know where can i see it....thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back