Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DragonKeeper

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
I went to Pails for Scales... It wasn't as good as I had hoped, everything was well over priced, they were selling a $10 NEC T-10 for $30!

But the woman at the counter was very helpful...

But for all of the Herpers in Melbourne I highly recommend Upmarket Aquariums, it is right near the Vic Markets, they are open all week, they have adult Beardies, and Sub-Adult Laceys, and a lot of reasonably priced accessories.

I just so happened to pick up their buisness card so...

For anyone in or around Ballarat Pails for Scales is located at 1013 Howitt Street Wendouree,

And in or around Melbourne, Upmarket Aquariums is at 442 Queen Street and their phone number is 9600 9051

yea i also highly recomend upmarket aquariums, i got my sub-adult bluey from their and i just think he is stunning(i think). If i learn how to get pics from my camera 2 the computer i will post him on another thread. Sorry 2 hijack the thread 4 a second though.

yea i also highly recomend upmarket aquariums, i got my sub-adult bluey from their and i just think he is stunning(i think). If i learn how to get pics from my camera 2 the computer i will post him on another thread. Sorry 2 hijack the thread 4 a second though.

Lol thats fine, Here is a pic of the Lacey they have at Upmarket Aquariums...

(it was taken with a phone)

Attachments

• DSC00178.jpg
    DSC00178.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 206
yea, i adore their lacey. Quite active and nice enclosure 2, I have taken pics of my bluey, trying 2 put onto APS. will keep trying!!!

:D

Dylan

hey guys I work at Upmarket....
thanks for the compliments!!!! really appreciated!
and trust me, that lacie might look all nice and friendly but hes gotten in a few bites before. but still an awsome animal

and has anyone been in since we did the reno??? what do you think??...it looks slick as now, the main focus was on the fish but now the reptile room is a whole lot more open...makes life alot easier..

cheers, matt

and trust me, that lacie might look all nice and friendly but hes gotten in a few bites before. but still an awsome animal

and has anyone been in since we did the reno??? what do you think??...it looks slick as now, the main focus was on the fish but now the reptile room is a whole lot more open...makes life alot easier..

cheers, matt

I was there on Wednesday, were you working? I was the short guy, 15y.o around 4PM, I bought "Keeping Blue Tongue Lizards"

OZ rocks, can u pm your beardie stocks and prices, as well as heat lamps and UV's+holders, would be greatly appreciated. and i mite come and check out the reno this weekend!

cheers, matt

Hehe I am in there pretty regularly - in fact I got my hermit crabs from you guys - gave me a good deal on a full setup. I mainly go there to sticky beak at all the lovely animals, but occasionally buy too. Havent been in since the reno - last time I was there was just before you closed down for it - i have been hard at work on my thesis since then.

Might PM you before I go next ( in about 3 weeks time when I have handed in) and see if you are working, would be nice to put a face to a screen name.

you dont remember how much their laceys were by any chance?:)

we dont have any juv. lacies at the momment (unless we got some durin the week, which we may of, last time we had em they were goin for around $795 from memory), but that big boy weve got hasnt had a price on him for a while since we got screwed over by the person who was gonna buy him, your best option is to speak to adam elliot on sundays about it....hope this helps

cheers, Matt

we dont have any juv. lacies at the momment (unless we got some durin the week, which we may of, last time we had em they were goin for around $795 from memory), but that big boy weve got hasnt had a price on him for a while since we got screwed over by the person who was gonna buy him, your best option is to speak to adam elliot on sundays about it....hope this helps

cheers, Matt
how big is he roughly? and how old? and do you guys do layby on herps and if so for how long?

the big guy is roughly 45-50cm svl (very rough estimate), so that would make him around 5 years (another very rough estimate), a very healthy, occassionaly friendly (like I said he has bitten before), curious bloke, and yeah we do do layby....its a 20% non-refundable deposit, and we give you 6 weeks untill hes back up for sale. But we are usually pretty easy going with the 6 week timeline, espescially if your buyin an animal like him. weve had some animals stay for months, so you should be pretty well fine if ya need to build him an enclosure or somethin....
like I said best thing is to come in and check him out and we can talk about it more, and get into the nitty gritty

do you really want to hear more?
because I will, I'll go on for ever.....your just jealous I got in first

Last edited:
i got my stimsoni from you guys matt.

what days do you work? ill have to come in and check out the place since the renovations! (you can pm me working days if you dont want everyone to know :p)

Never been to any Vic shops according to Sdaji they are all bad and poach most of their animals :shock:

Other herping pet shops could learn a lot from Upmarket and Pails.

As for the "too expensive" claim to me this is not overly valid. Pet shops cannot compete with non shop front outlets but provide a different service (eg you see exactly what you are buying as you purchase it.) On the animal front purchasing directly from the breeder (eg: through the Herp Trader) should be and generally is cheaper but you won't get to see as much of a range when you make your purchase.

Pet shops are in business to make a profit. If they are doing a good job, their prices will appropriately reflect this.

Never been to any Vic shops according to Sdaji they are all bad and poach most of their animals :shock:
theres a few real dodgy looking ones but upmarket seems like one of the better ones ie: its clean unlike some others and the animals look happy. and me buying that lacey will probably be doing it a favor considering he wont have all the idiots pointing and staring going omg its a goanna:rolleyes: and he will be in an outside enclosure free to do what he likes in peace

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back