• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Pythons and Snakes and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

NEC T10 - Must Accept PayPal!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am checking out your site Bouncer...

And we don't have a Bunnings down here, they are going to build one soon though :D

UV Tubes

Here is some information about the NEC T10 Black light FL20SBL UV Tube test results on UV A and UV B - 200mm above the basking spot UV A-360 and UV B-30, 400mm above the basking spot UV A-130 and UV B-10, these a the test result for the NEC T10 Black light FL20SBL UV Tube.

These test were completed in 2004 by Greg Fyfe from the Alice Springs Desert Park for the Zoo's, so they know what products to use to provide UV A and UV B to their Reptile's and other wildlife.

l don't know of any test results done on the Hitachi 18watt-24 inches long Black light F20T9 UV Tubes, similar to what as been done on the NEC T10 Black light Fl20SBL UV Tubes, unless someone can provide some test results on the Hitachi F20T9 Black light UV Tubes, they should not offer them as UV Tubes for Reptile use, just to get a sale, because the Reptile's will suffer in the end, if they are either given to much UV A and UV B or not enough.

for more information log onto Google Australia and type in RDU UV Test, and you will get to see some information about test done on a heap of UV Fluorescent Tubes, and why its important to provide UV A and UV B to your Captive Reptile's.

I'll offer them as reptile tubes all i like. I've been using them on my own collection for the past 3 years with no ill effects and as I just stated, they have the same specifications as the NEC T10's.
I do have the specs somewhere here but most of our paperwork is still packed up in boxes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back