light globes used?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Clarky

Reaction score
Hi i was just wondering for a coastal carpet python can i just use an ordinary light globe about 60w for its heating? or do i need a certain one and more watts?
thankss
Clarky

It depends on the size of your enclosure and how big your coastal Carpet Python is, with my Python's l use either a 60 or 75watt-R80 Reflector Light Globe during the day, and at night time l use a 40watt Red or Blue Light Bulb.
By using a Clear Reflector Light Globe and a Red or Blue Light Bulb, give a day and night time effect, which is important for Photoperiod, like day and night outdoors.

ohh k thanks for that...
my enclosure is 92cm high, 60 wide n 45 bak to front. i got it on two levels but, so he can climb upto the second level as i took a quarter out of that level... so itll be hot at the top n cooler down the bottom.
and do i need a night globe or only if the temp will drop to far?
and my python will be 10 months and about 70-80cm
thanks for ur replies.... greatly apreciated

my enclosure is 1000x500x500 and i use a 40 w globe.. ambient is 30-32 and hot spot is 38-40 and the other end is roughly 20 she also has a large water bowl she can get in to if needed.. i also use a 15w heat cord under her hide to take the chill off the floor..

my enclosure is 1000x500x500 and i use a 40 w globe.. ambient is 30-32 and hot spot is 38-40 and the other end is roughly 20 she also has a large water bowl she can get in to if needed.. i also use a 15w heat cord under her hide to take the chill off the floor..

Surprised you get a hot spot of 40 deg, using a 40w globe. Maybe the heatcord makes the difference.

nope the cord is on the floor the hide sits on that..(the cord is thermo controlled to 24deg) the light is 10cm above the hide thus giving basking site of 40deg i can get pic if u wanna c... i also use red globe and control photoperiod by uv on timer...

You could also use party globes, which you can use day and night.
Or reflector day and heat mat at night.

i use only 15, 25 and 40 watt blue bulds depending on the cage size and time of year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back