International pythons

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Julie-anne

Reaction score
This may sound like a silly question (well, i feel silly asking it anyway as i assume the answer is a big fat no!)

BUT i'm asking in hope...

If i were to move to say, Canada or somewhere in Asia, is there ANY chance that i'll be able to bring my beautiful coastals with me?

Sorry to jack thread but it's related:)

What about dogs and horses, are'nt they allowed, anyone know why reptiles are different????

What about dogs and horses, are'nt they allowed

I thought so too, thats why i had hope that MAYBE i could swindle my pythons over too ;)

I think its because they're Australian natives? (as a guess)

Yes you can take cats, dogs, horses etc but reptiles are special :)

Although you should be able to buy similar snakes over there

yeah thats what my partner said, but i don't want SIMILAR snakes, i want MY snakes, hehe

A snake off began soon after, debating which country has the better snakes :rolleyes:

Dogs and horses aren't Australian native animals, that's why.

Fair enough...

but what does that have to do with anything... if it is a quarantine issue it still makes no sense:?:?

Yeah... but the idea is you cannot take native snakes out of Australia (as in ones that have lived here their whole lives = native). The ones over there a C.B, so are no longer 'Aussie natives'..

That's as far as I understand anyway... It's probably wrong.

It doesn't really matter, everywhere you go you will be able to get just about any reptile from anywhere in the world.

A snake off began soon after, debating which country has the better snakes :rolleyes:

Ill mind them for you Julie! Permanent loan hehe

There are some awesome snakes you CAN keep over there though, yes not Australian, but we will all be jelous of the ones we can't keep and the ones you can!

There are some awesome snakes you CAN keep over there though

yeah, I guess i should think of it as an opportunity to own a variety of different snakes, rather than being forced to give up the ones i already have, hehe ...I just don't want to part with these guys :(

Oh well, if it happans, it won't be for a year or two anyway (which is probably worse, i'll be even more attatched by then!) ...AND they'll be at perfect breeding age!! :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back