glauerts and other stuff

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fishead

Reaction score
Howdy herpers, here's a few pics of my little glauerti pair and their new enclosure as mentioned in a recent thread. It's part of a new bank that's not quite finished yet. Top row is all for small monitors. Each enclosure is 4'x3'x2' and has a universal rocks background. There's four in the row. The hollow log that you can see there is screwed either side of a cut out in the wall so that the monitors can cruise through eight feet of enclosure when they get some size - there is a plate screwed over the hole at the moment. The two enclosures at the end of the row will be set up the same for the coming pair of glauerts :D
The 300mm high board across the front is a litter dam so I can have a nice deep substrate. There is a pond liner in each as well so the moisture in the substrate doesn't rot the enclosure. Also put a double layer of flooring in.
Next level of enclosures down is for antaresia and hopefully one day baby glauerti. Below that there's two levels of 44 litre tubs (twenty four in total) on heat cord for stuff like crickets, gecks, yearling carpets etc.
Very happy with the backgrounds, had to cut them a little to squeeze them in tight and then screwed them to the back wall. Then sealed them in with sikaflex and chucked oxides into the sika to match the background. That left a foot of space below the background so had to build that out to the profile of the bottom edge with styrofoam so the critters couldn't get up behind there.
Then fitted the pond liners in up to the litter dam height and screwed a gal sheet strip around the top edge. Plus a coat or two of paint.
I washed the enclosures out as best I could but the oxides have still dirtied up the monitors so that they aren't showing their best colour. A few more clean outs and the spraying the critters every day or two will sort that.
The monitor enclosures are at eye level, good for viewing and apparently good for their sense of security. Raving on here. :rolleyes:

Attachments

• 4aa8.jpg
    4aa8.jpg
    455 KB · Views: 168
  • 5658.jpg
    5658.jpg
    532.5 KB · Views: 162
  • bee1.jpg
    bee1.jpg
    472.1 KB · Views: 213
  • IMG_0021.JPG
    IMG_0021.JPG
    94.6 KB · Views: 236
  • b525.jpg
    b525.jpg
    474.9 KB · Views: 125
Makes you sick does'nt it ..........................;)
Bloody awesome as usual.........:lol:

Looking good fishead. You sure set a high standard.

Fishhead - That is spectacular...I absolutely love it...

Awsome set up mate, they will love that. Are they hatchies?

Hi Steve
Your set-up looks fantastic!!!!!:shock:
The K R Monitors look like they have grown already well done!
Remember to keep up with spraying every few days they can get dry skin if not sprayed often & can have a little trouble sheding.
Here is a pic of my new tank with glauerti.
They have started to breed as well.

Jason

Attachments

• KRM Breeding tanks.JPG
    KRM Breeding tanks.JPG
    96.9 KB · Views: 141
  • KRM Starting to Breed.JPG
    KRM Starting to Breed.JPG
    91.6 KB · Views: 108
  • ReptileCitysKimberlies (2).JPG
    ReptileCitysKimberlies (2).JPG
    111.5 KB · Views: 111
  • ReptileCitysKimberlies (5).JPG
    ReptileCitysKimberlies (5).JPG
    135.6 KB · Views: 97
Hi Jason Lapins,
Your Kimberley Rock Monitor's and their enclosures both look awsome, l hope you get to breed from them this season and hatch a few juveniles good luck mate.

Wish l could keep them they a beautiful looking monitor's, hopefully one day they will be added to the licensing system here in Victoria.

Sensational set up that...

Those walls look unreal, there gunna love there home I think!

Top job and excellent work as usual Steve, and great looking animals... I look forward to checking it out in person very soon:D

I'll call you this week...

Jamie.

Thanks for the thumbs ups guys :)
Thanks for the spraying tip Jason and good to see yours on the job mate! They look great.
I was relieved that these guys turned on to the cricket diet without any fuss. Mine haven't touched any of the roo mince mix at all. They've nailed every spider I throw in there.
See you soon Jamie.
Hooroo.

Looks amazing Steve, congrats! Now all you need to do is put a sign up out the front 'Fishead Zoo" and start charging $10 admission! :D

Hahhaa MrBreds, circus is more like it :lol: Even got me a fat lady working on a beard! Man I hope she doesn't read that!!!!:shock:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back