Olive Pythons?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bjbk18

Reaction score
Hey all, ive been thinking about getting an olive python. But i have read many different opinions on them. Some peolpe have told me they are really aggressive and others say they are placid. I want to no off people which own/have experience with olives. As i dont want an aggressive python. Also does anyone no of good olive breeders in the mid-north coast region? Cheers any help will be must appreciated

I've had a few. Only one showed agressive tendancies and struck at anything that moved. She was quite a sight to behold - the only snake I've ever been afraid of. Suddenly about 2 years ago she decided to quieten down and is now a very pleasant snake. Sorry to give you conflicting advice ;)

jst like all snakes u can get happy or aggressive in each species it just depends on the snake it self
allthough the olive python is one of the most placid speaciess to come across

l have kept Olive Python's since 2000, they come down to me as being one of the most placid Python's anyone would want to keep, l would never trade any of my Olive Python's for a Jungle Carpet Python, because they a by far the best kept Python l have ever owned since 1990, where the Jungle Carpet Python's a known to be far more agreesive or flighty Python's to own.

i had a breeding pair at about 9 feet they were really good except the male was very agressive inside his cage once he came out he calmed right down i did take a bite from him and it wasnt pretty lol

thanks 4 that everyone. looks like my next python will be an olive cheers. Anyone no of any good breeders im hoping to get a yearling. Cheers

I imagine snakes are rather like any other animal in that how it acts around you depends largely on how you act around it. A 'snappy' snake could feel stressed because it wants a larger enclosure, threatened because it doesn't have a hide it likes, scared because it doesn't recognise your smell as non-threatening, cranky because it just woke up, it could be just plain hungry, or unsettled because of a recent change of enclosure (or changes within the enclosure).

I doubt that any particular species is significantly more 'snappy' than another, and I believe that most snappy individuals can be settled down with practice, time and knowledge.

I've heard plenty of 'X snakes are very snappy' comments, but I've heard far more 'My snappy snake settled down after I did X' comments.

it depends on the snake, they all have different personalities. I know people with placid and others with agro olives.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back