Amazing! :D

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

That_Guy

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hey guys!
couldnt figure where to put it but i guess here is good enough! :p
got this email from my uncle showing this pic with this caption above it!
"This is a snake pulling a roo out of the water. Talk about a man eater! This picture is from western australia. Take a careful look at this picture; See the size of the snake and the roo being pulled out of the water."
I thought it was crazy! :eek: wouldnt wana run into that if it was hungry :p
btw is it common for snakes to be this big in wild!?

Attachments

• RooSnake.jpg
    RooSnake.jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 139
G'day swing,

Has there been any undeniable evidence to suggest that it is fake? Considering there are several photographs of large boids, particularly Olives and Scrubs, consuming kangaroo's and other large macropods, I don't see why there is all this speculation.

Jonno as I said it has been done to death..... everytime it gets into a debate on whether it is fake or not....

Sorry i should've said IN MY OPINION its fake...... but not unlikely that an olive could take a roo.

Lucas I'll knuckle you anyday.... thats sounds a bit wrong but hey :lol:

Not a fake at all. I'm not an expert on wallabies but that looks like an agile wallaby to me and a large Barroni would easily devour one of them.

Swing - That is not correct, this is certainly not a fake...

There was a post on another forum wit some background regarding this image - I believe it was sent to a local newspaper with two other images of the same incident. A couple were walking along and stumbled across the snake trying to lift the Wallaby from the water and took some snaps - I also believe they stated that after a long time trying the snake did NOT manage to lift the Wallaby the full distance...

WA Olives (barroni) are massive animals and could comfortably reach that size and consume a macropod that size - the one getting around where it is grabbing an elephant is a fake, this one is not...

haha argh!! damn! :p
thought i had something good!! haha...i dont know if its fake or real...looks fairly real to me...
just wondering though. in the wild is it normal for a snake to eat something already dead like that?
like unless some snakes are smart and decide to throw their tough meat in water to moisten it a bit...

They will eat fresh killed animals, like rd kill if they come across it. But not carrion like monitors etc do.

IMO this pic is fake but the snake real...look at the reflection of the snake in the water and it should disapear at the rock ledge but you can see almost all of the snake in the reflection where rock should obscure the snakes body................until we see the other shots that were mentioned but have never been seen thats what I think........
Yes wild pythons can get that big and they will eat dead prey if it is fresh............

Aslan I don't care if you don't think i'm correct i said IMO...

With all the photoshopping programs around its hard to believe alot of photos.

*don't care if I'm wrong lalalalalalalala :lol:*

I don't think it looks fake at all. You'd have to have some pretty insane photoshop skills to whip up something like that, and it has been proven that snakes that size can and will eat prey that size, so I don't doubt it at all.

Definately not fake imo. It's not like it's a big red ("roo") or anything, just a small species of wallaby vs a fully grown olive... What makes it fake?
Adult scrubbies commonly feed on macropods in the wild and often carry the scars to prove it!

Couldn't be more fake if the Olive was using a fishing rod, and the Wallaby was in Scuba. Everything about it is wrong.:lol::lol:

I agree Cockney. This picture looks so fake to me. If we were able to view the other pics taken at the same time then they may sway my decision, but until then, nothing will convince me that it's real.

It looks like an immature Olive that has been enlarged to look giant. Giant Olives obtain girth which gives them the appearance of having a rather small head (compared to the body). The head on this Olive is quite large compared to it's body, just like like when they are young.

snakeroo.jpg

well it think it can be agreed, that a snake might be able to eat a kangaroo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back