when do jungles bread

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

boris

Not so new Member
Reaction score
:Ddoes eneyone know when jungles breed? what is the best way to breed them? i have been told heaps of ways just want to know the best way

as at what age, or what time of year??

both time of year and what age

well u have pretty much missed this season mate jungles can be breed from well i say the age of 3 some say 2 or 2 and a half so opions vary and best time is throughout the winter months mine usaullly start mating around july as a rule but im sure its different for others you have to cool them at night no night heating throughout winter an maybe say 6 hours of basking time during te day

I reckon minimum age is 2.5 years of age, that is if you feed them religiously weekly. In May/June normal daytime heat, nighttime no heat, aiming for nightime minumums of anywhere from 16-18 degrees. After 6 or so weeks of cooling , you will notice your males pacing up and down their cages, whack the male in with the female, on 3 days rest 2 days. Once you get ovulation back to 24hrs heat... done! Worked for me.

Go to Southern Cross Reptiles website & look at the articles by 'Doc Rock' , there is plenty of good reading covering all aspects of breeding.

thanks heaps for the info my male is 2.5 years and female is 2years i will try next year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back