So who has money on the cup?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well there supposed too, but often misbehave and need to be wipped... Yes Hixy loves it.

My Office Draw gave me Eskimo Queen... Go the Queen!!! God Save the Eskimo Queen... go the 2's!

Statistically Its the worst odds of any race in Australia, too many horses,the average race is 8 so you have a better chance picking a winner, they say the serious gamblers dont put much on the cup. I was ment to be hosting a melbourne cup luncheon, for my kids school, and instead Im home with a sick child. So instead of Prawns and bubbly, Ive got sandwiches and water.

Is there a race on ?
My thoughts exactly... :lol:

lol i didn't find out it was on till just a few hours ago when the boss told me to turn the tv on at work :(

Congrats to anyone who placed a wager on Efficient ;)

Well done 'Sassy'

My 4 year old son had $2 on the nose for Efficent and won just under $45. He is one little happy camper at the moment.

I had Purple Moon and it only paid $1.60 for the place.

Better than nothing tho.

Last edited:
OK, I did a Google search for Horse Racing so my money is on a nag called Phar Lap. Will I get good odds ?

i won the work sweepstakes as iwas lucky enough to pick out efficient. pity i didn't get to the tab lol

I was in the work sweeps, and got efficient and mahler :)

Interesting fact, my horse and Efficent have the same grandfather (Sir Tristram), but my horse was too long to fit in the stalls, so they sold her to me for $33 lol :)

Race? there was a race on? there must have been no coverage here in melb......

Did anyone see the segment on tv the other day where some university boffins compared stats and date (very extensively) of 24 historic Melbourne Cup winners over the years?

They used a computer program to run a simulated Melbourne Cup 60,000 times to see who the greatest horse would have been. Turns out Makybe Diva is the real champ. Phar Lap was placed fourth last.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back