Gay marraige, Yay or Nay?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gay Marraige, Yay or Nay?

• Yay

Votes: 106 58.9%
  • Nay

Votes: 74 41.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
mblissett, i had no idea. btw i am too.

Get with the program Grim! God, that's old news! :lol:

I'm leaning to nay...maybe because in some strange way I'm a traditionalist. I haven't one homophobic bone in my body and have had, and have, plenty of gay friends (FRIENDS OKAYS!!! :lol:)

I think perhaps if it all boils down to people being happy...I sort of don't care what happens. I wouldn't cast my son aside if he turned out to be gay, I'd stand by him no matter what!

Call me fence sitter :lol:

Yeah u were up on stage with me lol

**** I forgot completely all about that, was I wearing fishnet stockings & stellettos...LOL

I am extremelly open minded & know what alot of gay people go through from back in the days as a councillor.

well....hopefully one day ppl will look back through history at all the jokes and discrimination aimed at gay ppl.
the same way most of us look back at segregation,slavery,black face minstrels, womens rights etc....with shock that society was so cruel and ignorant.

we need to go back to the good old days
the world has gone stupid with all the hippys and gays around

cant even give your kid a good hit these days without getting crucified!

Wow... what a thread!!

I vote YAY!!!! Who the hell are we to tell a human being that they should not marry the one person/soul they truly love and want to spend the rest of their life with?? If we want to make this about tradition and religion.. then no woman should be allowed to marry unless they are a virgin, and no woman shall get married in anything other than white!!

As for the kids... they're more stable than most adults when it comes to this. Most of them have grown up with "gay" being just another normal part of life. I have many friends who are gay, and my sister is too. My niece is perfectly normal and doesn't see a problem with two mums... and she know and sees her father. I have male gay friends who have a son. This young man is 14 and very much into girls, even though he has two dads. He has managed to survive primary and high school without getting beaten up or anything. He is quite mature about the whole thing, if someone says anything to him, he simply says.."well I'm just lucky.. I have two Dads, you're just jealous cause you only have one!"

If only we could learn from our children.. give them a little more credit. They're tougher than we think. If a child can understand and accept a gay marriage.. then why the hell can't we as adults!!

we need to go back to the good old days
the world has gone stupid with all the hippys and gays around

cant even give your kid a good hit these days without getting crucified!

Yep, thats definitely the fault of gays.:rolleyes:

Wow... what a thread!!

I vote YAY!!!! Who the hell are we to tell a human being that they should not marry the one person/soul they truly love and want to spend the rest of their life with?? If we want to make this about tradition and religion.. then no woman should be allowed to marry unless they are a virgin, and no woman shall get married in anything other than white!!

As for the kids... they're more stable than most adults when it comes to this. Most of them have grown up with "gay" being just another normal part of life. I have many friends who are gay, and my sister is too. My niece is perfectly normal and doesn't see a problem with two mums... and she know and sees her father. I have male gay friends who have a son. This young man is 14 and very much into girls, even though he has two dads. He has managed to survive primary and high school without getting beaten up or anything. He is quite mature about the whole thing, if someone says anything to him, he simply says.."well I'm just lucky.. I have two Dads, you're just jealous cause you only have one!"

If only we could learn from our children.. give them a little more credit. They're tougher than we think. If a child can understand and accept a gay marriage.. then why the hell can't we as adults!!

It's because of Kevin Rudd that's why Grumpy :lol: That dumbass!!! :lol:

wasnt it some of the hippys that came up with the electric sound?
id give anything to see a death metal band strumming on bush band acoustic guitars LOL yoddeling

In this world when one human being can be so cruel,disgusting etc etc to another human being, if two people love each other and want to show it..whether it be same sex couple or whatever...who cares!!!!

Make love not War I say !!!!

nay its feral 2 men umm yer..... ladies its ok but men yuck =D ill probly get the piss takin outa me for this!!
but i say no to gay marriage in australia.......and i dont reckon gays should me allowed to adopt either.....poor kids will get teased and be confused.

trust me a kid will get teased if both his parents are male not that i know im proud to say my whole familly is straight wat gays do gays do, im just sayin they shouldnt make it public with kids watching it will confuse the hell out off them. lets face it gays will never be excepted no matter what im sure they're nice people just in most people eyes different from everyone else.

lol yea, right. have to totally disagree with you there.
it will and is now being accepted more every day.

and kids are not confused by it, it's so prevelant in society as it is, I dont' see how exactly you believe they way you do

trust me a kid will get teased if both his parents are male not that i know im proud to say my whole familly is straight wat gays do gays do, im just sayin they shouldnt make it public with kids watching it will confuse the hell out off them. lets face it gays will never be excepted no matter what im sure they're nice people just in most people eyes different from everyone else.

im not so sure about that, when i was in high school i knew of at least 5 students who were openly bi, gay or lesbian. none at any point t (that i know of) were teased more than any other student. i would think it would matter even less if the parents were known to be a same sex couple.

if i was a kid and had a freind who had gay mums,
aslong as they wernt bull dykes but like hot lipstick lezzos
i dont think they would be disadvantaged at all cause we would wanna go hang at there house LOL

Lol...

It's an issue on which I'm very torn, because, yes, I believe that everybody should be entitled to life in all its fullness, however, as someone mentioned, marriage (as we know it today) was conceived as a spiritual union of two people in the eyes of God.

I'm not saying that I know exactly of what God does and does not approve, but I can sure say that many many people who claim to be His buddies are strongly against it, and are likely to be offended by the notion.

The question that you have to ask is: is it the responsibility of the couple to refrain from causing offence to those around them, or the responsibility of the people around them to be tolerant ?

Just as someone is entitled to their beliefs, just as someone else is entitled to be utterly disgusted by them. I think it's an issue that will progress very slowly, but will eventually be allowed, whether it's a good idea or not.

I personally have been influenced culturally to be somewhat put off by gay couples, however this is not a consciously prejudiced opinion on my part, it's simply the way I've been brought up.

After all is said and done, however, I believe that: a) just because I believe something doesn't make it right b) some people really want gay marriage c) everyone is entitled to life in all its fullness.

So, after all that, I'd have to say that I am not necessarily campaigning for it, however I am certainly not campaigning against it. I cannot say for sure whether it is a progressive step, and it is certainly not a black and white issue. Many many shades of grey, hence the vague nature of my response.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back