Snake eats cat, owner says "it's just nature"

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Certainly a scrub if that's the right pic. You got to love some good ol' Aussie muscle! :lol: I think the owner of the cat should be commended with her outlook on it all - it would have been a horrible shock.

i am gonna agree with cris (oh dear god no)
its irresponsible to let your cat out...

but that said...
if only (attitude wise) there were more people like her.

if a human or pet gets killed by a croc/snake/shark it's sad, but thats it... you cant kill the animal in retribution

I would cut the snakes head off if the cat was still alive. but if it was dead i would be very sad but i would say the same thing.

I would cut the snakes head off if the cat was still alive. but if it was dead i would be very sad but i would say the same thing.

would u cut the cats head off if u saw it eating a lizard?

fairs fair,....

Personally I'd bash the cat with a shovel so it didn't injure the snake with it's claws :p...or perhaps just subtly clip it's rear claws with a toenail snipper while it's been gobbled up hehehe

cutting the snakes head off would be pointless.... the cat would be dead by then

would u cut the cats head off if u saw it eating a lizard?

fairs fair,....
No i would do like i normaly do pry the cats mouth open take the small animal put it in a box make it better then let it go. or i would with the snake poor vodica in its eyes.

Do you shoo away those pesty abattoir workers too?

Poor vodka in the snakes eye?! (Insert infraction worthy remark)

Ah ok, I get where you are coming from now. I wouldn't really say she was responsible for the death of her cat though, it was just bad luck and bad timing. Lots of people keep their dog in the backyard, and a snake could easily come into your yard, bite the dog and kill it (assuming the snake was venemous of course).

As far as allowing the cat to roam and kill wildlife, I totally agree. Very irresponsible.

We lost a $7000 dog to a tiger snake in our backyard 5 years ago:cry:

No i would do like i normaly do pry the cats mouth open take the small animal put it in a box make it better then let it go. or i would with the snake poor vodica in its eyes.
thats too much drumk talk even for me :lol: :p ;) :) :shock:

Don't wanna start the cat argument up or anything but bells only make them better at killing.
Just wondering how a bell makes them better at killing?And not everyone has scrub pythons in there backyard.If the cat is in your own backyard which she couldnt get out of.People have dogs in the backyard which kill all sorts of things but nobody says anything about a dog.

Its an Adelaide paper but it states that it happened in Cairns,QLD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back