strangest things eaten!! share

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not what i have eaten (or anyone i know) but a old mate of mine used to have a habit of excreting in the party hosts milo tins and placing it back in the cupboard after mixing. :) (and other stuff just as bad)

While living in Darwin for a couple of years I often ate green ants, they're a medium sized ant with a lime green **** which you would bite off the ant, it was kind of citrusy and was like putting a 9 volt battery on your tongue, these are very common in Darwin, living in everyones gardens. I often used to eat these ants just to show off, make bets and have a laugh with the tourists that you would always meet.

Then one day walking home with a mate, we spotted this giant dog turd on the side of the footpath which was absolutely covered in Green Ants!!!

I have never eaten a green ant since.

In the woolworths supermarket in Darwin you could often buy Buffalo mince and kababs etc. this is one of the nicest red meats I have had.

Buffalo and camel is tasty

OK I'd rather eat a blended paste of ALL of Sdaji's weird food than eat balut. That is nasty..

Sounds like a top bloke..

He was just don't get on the wrong side of him :)

Another time someone done something to him and just before they went away for a month he tipped 20kg of bird seed on their loungeroom floor and added water :)

Cool...? I bet that solved the problem instead of esacerbating it..

chocolate quick pizza, honeybee larva, royal jelly and a host of other insects , vegemite milkshake, neptunes necklace seaweed (the reproductive part), indian mynah, crimson rosella, file snake, pied goose, bunya nuts, In the iron gut competition at uni a "tuna milkshake, plate of pal, middy of olive oil, schooner of salt water, beer and raw eggs etc. Curried turtle, "beat this one SDAJI "Coco de Mer", tiny samoa chillis etc etc

What's Coco de Mer?

And what is it with unis and Ironman challenges featuring fish milkshakes. ALWAYS. Had a salmon milkshake at the start of this year for uni. And a freshly cut out bull testicle in tabasco.

I used to make parsnip, cardamom and vanilla milkshakes, pumpkin and blue cheese brulees, chocolate and truffle puddings and other things at work though had to stop as the customers were not adventurous enough to try them(even though most people who did try them, loved it).
I love sweetbreads, liver(calf, ox, lamb, chook, duck , goose) kidneys and black pudding. Don't like brains though.
My old boss knew a supplier of green ant cured salmon. Just salmon fillet covered. in crushed green ants(leaf cutter ants?) The formic acid from the ants cooked the fish. It came from northen QLD as was awesome.
Have eaten tilapia. eel and tandan catfish aswell, all are quite tasty. The eeltail cat was actually better eating than the bass we caught in the same dam.
One customer at a restaurant that I used to work in ordered a scoop of vanilla icecream on top of his bleu fillet steak.

I once ate a lasagne square from "Dirty Harry's" near Caxton St, does that count?:lol:

My old boss knew a supplier of green ant cured salmon. Just salmon fillet covered. in crushed green ants(leaf cutter ants?) The formic acid from the ants cooked the fish. It came from northen QLD as was awesome.
:lol:

Might have to try and make that one day with a more local fish, no shortage of green ants around here.
I've eaten green ants and grubs.
Have a good friend who eats the chicken bones, all of them including the drumstick.
We eat the quail bones when we BBQ some quail.
Noni fruit! (common name is vomit fruit, should give you an idea).
I'm not very adventurous when it comes to odd stuff, but i will kill, prepare and eat my own meat and will use a lot of diferent seasoning / spices when cooking.

I think it would have been some liquified roadkill someone put in a jar and called Vegemite :(

ive ate a molly grub i found under a rock it was a dare.... but wen the black stuff popped out i spewed lol.

Prolly either a mealworm or the gonads from an urchin straight out of the water (i was diving).

The urchin gonad is surprisingly good. Around the local area it's the red/maroon coloured ones you want to aim for

A friend of ours was eating tuna with tomato& onion flavour with jam sandwich the other day..
I was at a wedding 3 weeks ago and one guy there ate 3 goldfish from the bowls on the tables. The 4 one he tried to wash down with water, and it was too big and he spat it out on the bar and the groom rescued it, took it home and named it after the guy trying to eat it. Totally gross..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back