Gay marraige, Yay or Nay?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gay Marraige, Yay or Nay?

• Yay

Votes: 106 58.9%
  • Nay

Votes: 74 41.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
i reckon that bisexuals are the worst your either one or the other lol.

This is indeed a true fact, strange you know from councilling many different individuals about 5 years ago, including homosexuals & heterosexuals it is most apparent that most gay indivduals new they were different at a very young age, but at that young age were unable to determine what it actually was. Generally years prior to puberty it was known. This determination gave me the impression years before it was even announced that homosexuality is not chosen, but it is apparent in the DNA structure at the time of birth & insome instances can have a genetic link but skip many families. Basically say is that homosexuals are born homosexuals & have the DNA structure that makes them attracted to the same sex. Bisexuality is a difficult one to interpret but I believe many may choose that way of life due to lack of finding a partner, or for natural sexual needs.

What I am getting at is that from councilling numerous individuals, and I mean numerous individuals it seemed that homosexuals would be more inclined to seek councilling or social support due to mental health issues over heterosexuals which was caused by society and not being except or due to constant discrimation, verbal abuse, bashings & ridicule. This being said homosexuals can not be blamed for being homosexuals as they are born that way, which means when you are putting someone down for being gay its really quite upsetting as they can't do anything to change it....its in their makeup.

I recall once one particular individual who at the time was 25 yrs of age, who during high school years in a regional school was torment that much and ridiculed by peers due to their homosexuality that it affected them mentally into adulthood. Made them antisocial & hated mixing with other people. This individual was kicked, spat at, tormented & verbally & physically abuse nearly every day during their school life to the point that they could hardly take it anymore. What a life, and what a sheer nightmare for that individual and they couldn't mention anything to their parents because of the unknown, i.e. being disowned or kicked out of home.

So I hope this gives those individuals who don't really understand or know much about homosexuality abut of insight into what most if not all have had to enjore through their lifes.

I read a post back a few pages about how the world is mixed up by the gays & hippies. The strangest thing is that back then in the 60s & 70s there was just as many homosexuals but most were closeted to protect themselves from ridicule.

Yes being a religous fello I understand what the bible says & what the church has to say about homosexuality and how it is a sin, but hey tell me one single individual who has never commit a sin at sometime in their life. We all commit sin most days, so for the church to out law and dam homosexuality lets see if they can all stop sinning and see how hard it is for them.

I remember as a child my mother used to go to church 2-3 times a week to be cleansed free from the sins she had committed over the days & weeks, as do most church goers. I remember saying to her as a child why ask for forgiveness if you are just gonna go and lie & think bad thoughts again straight afterwards....whats the point.

So I am all for everyone being treated equally, doesn't matter what your sexual preferences are, your race or colour, or your religion....treat others the way you would like to be treated.

Ok theres my final few words.

thanks good read
i knew i was gay/lesbian from a very young age.and its good

you've NEVER spoken to anyone about this subject, yet you have a firm belief in your mindset?

Lol dont say i have never spoken to anyone becaus that is abit of an exageration. I have spoken to alot of people about it. I was just telling you what I think from the experiences i have had in the scene. I think your probably right in many ways alot of people experiment with the issue. I think woman have some kind of intrinsic beuaty which possibly men dont have(possibly why generally lesbians are more accepted than gay men). I find that many woman (otherwise straight) have no problem with experimenting with other woman just for the excitement. This type of thing is very rare with straight men. I duno maybe im just an ignorant idiot who ties to think that he knows everything. I dont lol

lol reece thats just ignorant, what is the problem with anyone having fun. I dont have a problem with anyone doing anything. My motto is if it doesnt hurt anyone then do it.

mmmmm i agree, Jordan I totally understand you knowing at 16, I worked it out in about yr 9, so 14. But I have always been gay. In primary school i was very 'out there' lets say and heaps of things that you could only think of as questionable.

I dont think their is evidence to suggest homosexuality is purely genetic. ie their are identical twins that dont have the same sexuality. However it definatly a change which occurs early in life (More than likely in the wome). At some point gay people brains (or parts their of) grow in a structure more similar to that of the oposite sex making them attracted to people of the same.

Btw in some societies marraige is not linked to religion eg buddist cultures such as sri lanka. Whithin these countries marraige is purely secular and the most religious part is that most couples will ask for a blessing before the ceremony (As they will do about most big events such as births, funerals, long holidays etc).
i knew at a young age i think i was like 7 and knowing i loved girls! :p

i am all for Gay marriage however i think now day marriage has little or no meaning how many people here have been devorced? it used to be a forever thing... But now.....

And i have no problem with gay people my boss is gay and she is lovely her partner is also a top chick
No a few really great gay guys...

However i have one bone to pick with the female gays that get all loud and proud and shave there heads and dress like men....

If your a gay female you like women right? so why the heck do you dress up like men and shave your heads??? you may as well get a sex change and become a man and be straight?
the hole point of being gay is you like women so why do alot of gay women act like there men???

i dont get it... i no that was a little of topic but this thread has gone a little off topic so why not

Yay - marriage doesn't have to be religious, it's a way of declaring to the world how committed you are to a person and that you want to spend the rest of your life with someone. And to say someone can't do something that every one else can is clear discrimination.

Besides, the beautiful canadians support gay marriage, how come we're so behind? Oh i love canada - they're so much more advanced at everything....

6ftpythonsgirl - that's a bit of a stereotypical generalisation isn't it?

Im against gay marriages, although i do understand that gay men may want to wear each others rings.

6ftpythonsgirl - that's a bit of a stereotypical generalisation isn't it?

No its not i didnt say they all did it i asked why the ones that do well... do it?

its seems pretty pointless if your a women and you like women why dress and act like a man??? my other half works with about 5 gay women and not one off them acts at all womenly??? like its tabo to be a women?? why???

Alot of gay people feel alot more like the opposite sex in more respects than just the bedroom. If you think about it logically would you dress up like a man just to suit ur partner. Im not really interested in dressing up like a woman and would rather be the hot young spunk that i am but plenty of people dont feel the same way.

it just doesnt make sense to me if your a girl your a girl and if your a man in a girls body you get a sex change :)

if you like girls why would you want to date a girl thats reminds you of a man???

hahaha 6ftpg thats a pretty neive way of looking at the whole situation, do you actually know whats involved in getting a sex change. Its not for the feint hearted and is never perfect. Plus if all you really want to be is yourself i dont see a problem with cutting your hair short. I hate having to tell ppl im gay it would be much easier if they could tell just by looking at me it would be alot easier. Im sure this is part of the reason.

i've been with my gf for a coupla years and personally feel no need to have a piece of paper to prove how much we love each other. but there r people in the community that r going to fight n never be satisfied not having that equality or the same rights as a heterosexual couple

6ftpythongirl: out of curiosity, how would you describe 'womanly behaviour'?

I am surprised that this thread has survived, you guys have done well. I am also surprised that the poll is so evenly split. I know it has been suggested that the poll is possibly inaccurate because there was no third option, but I think anyone who said no for a reason like "I think marriage is stupid for everyone" is just using that as an excuse to cover up their distaste for homosexuality.

I hate having to tell ppl im gay it would be much easier if they could tell just by looking at me it would be alot easier. Im sure this is part of the reason.

R u sure they can't tell already?? lol

Just too scared to tell ya hehe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back