Melbourne Snake Shops

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kendrick4life

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Whats the best Snake shops in melbourne, there are plenty of reptile shops. but most only have 2 -3 snakes on display.. im wanting to go to one that has a decent variety..

So far i have been to Upmarket Pets in the city, and Amazing Amazon in Glen Waverly..

i was gonna try and check out "melbourne reptile warehouse" in Preston today..

anyone know of other good shops ?..

is Melbourne reptile warehouse worth checking out?

Is this for a snake or for supplies? If it's a snake you're after IMO you'd be much better off to go through breeders rather than stores.

i just want to go to stores to check them out.. when im going to buy, ill be contacting a breeder..

Melbourne Reptile Warehouse has lots of animals on display but do yourself a favour and

a) Got to the VHS reptile expo
VHSExpo.gif

b) Visit the Herp Trader at http://www.herptrader.com.au

Kersten is right - you will do much better purchasing directly from the breeder. Any Tom, Dick or Harry can buy a bunch of snakes and sell them off. A breeder on the other hand must know what they are doing or they will not succeed.

bunnerong in frankston is good as far as petshops go,helpful staff, healthy animals and a good selection to look at..buy from a breeder though
the first shops you mentioned are not good examples of good shops

i went to melbourne reptile house today.. has about 200 or so snakes, abit of a dumpy looking joint though.. but has some monster snakes there!!

didnt have prices on them though..so that was annoying..

Mad about pets don't have many they have a md jungle and some spotteds i think but i know that Aust Bird Co in Springvale is very good they have alot of snakes on display(well last tym i was there and they always have a few)

snow1369. Aus bird co and reptile indeed have alot of reptiles. But all of them are kept in appauling condtions. And not just the reptiles.

yeah i agree that there not in good conditions as in the tanks and there birds are all in flight cages but heaps in one so it's bad i know somone who knows the owner of that place and he has been in trobule with council for having too many birds in one cage and his conditions with his animals but they have upgraded the snakes and reptiles a bit well to my knowledge they have but yeah if your not buying then always goodfor a giz !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back