Beowulf

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

moosenoose

Legendary
Reaction score
I had the privilege of seeing this at a sneak preview last night, and even though it’s not what some say is true to the 11th century poem it’s based on, it’s certainly one of the most incredible bit of CGI animation I’ve ever seen.

I’m always rating movies at work and everyone has a bit of a laugh because I’m always giving low reviews, but this one scores an 8.5/10 (with a bit of room left for improvement)

I’ve also scored it highly as it made me jump a few times (damn it!! :lol:). The film was in 3D, but feel I might need to see it again in 2D. Very violent, bloodthirsty, and certainly not one for the kiddies ;) Angelina Jolie is looking even better as an animated demon :D Woooooot!

I’ll be interested as to what others think of it.

[video=youtube;mD4cthQTOBU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mD4cthQTOBU[/video]

so the whole thing's animated? that'd get a bit odd for me, otherwise looks interesting/

Don't give too much away ppl... cant wait to see it, glad to hear it's good i've been disapointed by a few movies lately, the big hype they get then the let down when i see it.....From what i've read in dragonology Beowolf was a dragon slayer (not really by choise, he had to defend the land after someone made the dragon cranky) does it stick to that or completely different

its not all animated -__-

Does look good though, gonna have to see it

From what i've read in dragonology Beowolf was a dragon slayer (not really by choise, he had to defend the land after someone made the dragon cranky) does it stick to that or completely different

Thats not the original story. A Prince from southern Sweden travels to his relatives kingdom of Denmark to kill the Grendel (a monster decended from mans sins) and things complicate from there. The dragon is involved in the last part of the poem and Beowulfs death.

Read the peom, its awesome. Its not like the movie will be exactly the same as the original, so it will still be new and exciting when you see it.

Last edited:
Oh yer moose how did the date go by the way......... :)

interesting.... would go see it if i didnt think i would have a heart attack or die of fright!
lol

Its a great movie!!! much better than I expected. My advice would be to watch it in 3D where possible.

hmmmm
the music and animation make it seem like 300
(which is good!)

i agree. 'i am beowulf' sounds like 'this is spartar' and 'tonight we dine in hell' sounds like the first thing he says in the clip 'tonight.. something something' colours music etc. obviousely inspired by 300.

isnt Angelina Jolie an evil reptile goddess?

i agree. 'i am beowulf' sounds like 'this is spartar' and 'tonight we dine in hell' sounds like the first thing he says in the clip 'tonight.. something something' colours music etc. obviousely inspired by 300.

yeah spartans 2night we die in hell or sumthing

I honestly didn't think it lived up to the hype. It was good, not great. Took my kids and they loved it.

thats what annoyed me about the 300 publicity, he SAYS 'tonight we DINE in hell' yet all the signs said 'tonight we DIE in hell' do they not know their own script?

300 was out of the blue, and it was a LONG time since such genre'd movie had come out, with such artistic style, and on the subject of being rather artistic and mythological. not necessarily based on true happenings.

Beowolf. to me, is a rub off of 300, attempting to make the same amount of money, as 300 by chooseing a similar story/style/theme/characters/music/colours.

Personally, wont go see it at the movies.. i'll wait untill its at the '$1.99 stand at the gas station' lol.

Nah, I swear they are fearless, well when it comes to movies anyway. They are 8 and 11 and begging me to watch chainsaw massache (spelling?) and all the freddie crugger (spelling) movies. I won't let them though i told them they have to be over 18 for that rubbish.

There was a major difference between 300 and Beowulf. Noticeably the first thing is 300 isn't totally animated like Beowulf is.......and additionally 300 doesn't have Angelina Jolie in it ;) :D

Also, I've let my kids see plenty of films many people flip over when I tell them what they've seen, but this just seemed a little too much IMO :lol: ......maybe for my 6yr old anyways hehe

I doubt it was a rip-off of 300 as it takes years from the time the script is written to when the movie is released.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back