“DECC Reptile Ballot – Scheyville”

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DEC

Not so new Member
Reaction score
The Department of Environment and Climate Change (DECC) is offering a number of reptiles for disposal through a ballot, to currently licensed reptile keepers in NSW.

The animals available are:

Two (2) x Morelia spilota spilota - Diamond Python
Four (4) x Physignathus lesueurii - Water Dragon

These reptiles were seized by DECC officers during recent investigations. Some of the reptiles may have been caught in the wild and their original capture locations are unknown. The return of these animals to the wild is not a responsible conservation option.

The DECC recommends that a veterinarian checks all reptiles received through the ballot system and a reptile hygiene protocol be followed.

If you wish to be included in the ballot you must register your interest by 2.30 PM Monday 14th April 2008. Registrations received after this time will not be accepted. You can register your interest by either a faxed message to 02 9585 6401 or an emailed message to [email protected]

Phone inquiries will not be accepted.

Your registration must include the following:

1. the words “DECC BALLOT – SCHEYVILLE” in the title of your fax or email.
2. your full name.
3. your address.
4. your current NSW licence number authorising the possession of reptiles.
5. your contact phone number between 3.00PM and 4.00PM on Monday 14th April 2008.
6. NOTE: only one individual animal per licensee can be provided.

Any registrations that do not include all of the above will be excluded from the ballot. Licences will be checked before the ballot. Expired licences or those licensees whose fauna record book we have not received for 2007 (last years book) will also be excluded from the ballot.

NB: If you are successful in the ballot you must be available to collect the animals from the DECC Scheyville office located at Scheyville National Park, Scheyville Road, Scheyville between 2.00PM and 3.00PM on Tuesday 15th April 2008. If you intend to have someone collect the animal from our office on your behalf they must have permission from you IN WRITING. Verbal permission will not be accepted.

If you are successful you:

1. will be notified by phone between 3.00 PM and 4.00PM on Monday 14th April.
2. must collect the reptile from the DECC office at Scheyville National Park, Scheyville Road, Scheyville - between 2.00PM and 3.00PM on Tuesday 15th April. If you are unable to collect your reptiles during this time it will be forfeited to the next available person.
3. must bring a bag or suitable container to transport your reptile.

I know who won the pythons, who got lucky with the EWDs?

:p

Hix

i got 2 there auwsum. was 1 male 3 females. Lucky i was first there so i got a pair.

I guess you'll need to change your sig now. Please make it a colour that doesn't cause migraines. :):):)

Hix

I got the yellow one. The other was much larger and definitely of breeding size though.

Hix

Mine is about 3 to 4 feet. The other was, I guess, about 5 - 6 feet.

Hix

Tried to measure him/her late last night - a bit hard coz it wouldn't stop moving and straighten out, but around the 5 foot mark.

I'm gonna need a bigger boat.

Hix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back