“Snakes used in “Pyongyang Snake Liquor” .

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
However, a defector from the Yoduk political prison camp affirmed that the snakes used in the renown Pyongyang Snake Soju were in fact caught on camp grounds by the prisoners.
In order to use the snake for brewery, the snake is first starved. Once the poison has risen to the top of the snake, the snake is immersed in alcohol. As the poison is highly dangerous, the job of catching snakes is left for the prisoners of the camps not common citizens. Comparatively, the region surrounding Yoduk is well-known for snakes.
On April 9th, the first ship of Pyongyang Soju left Nampo Harbor for the U.S. and is expected to hit U.S. markets by June. This liquor will arrive in the U.S. at the end of this month passing through China and South Korea and reach 5 different cities including New York and Virginia for its first trial in sales.

Nice to see the Americans are giving their support to this venture:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Why did I read that? I feel sick now. :cry:

i think i read once, not positive, that in asian (some) cultures its an act of bravery for men and maybe to drink the 'snake wine' like its a way of bring good luck or good future or something along the lines
its been happening for years and now look what they are doing, making money out of it
keep it as a tradition but to bottle it up and put it on market is pure evil

i think i read once, not positive, that in asian (some) cultures its an act of bravery for men and maybe to drink the 'snake wine' like its a way of bring good luck or good future or something along the lines
its been happening for years and now look what they are doing, making money out of it
keep it as a tradition but to bottle it up and put it on market is pure evil

I think you might be getting mixed up with the chinese custom of hanging a live snake on a hook while gutting it and drinking the fluids collected in the bowl underneath. it'll cure what ails ya ;)

no cris i think im right, i have read about that also
they are two completely different things, i remember it definately being called 'snake wine' too

i had some from japan my mate braught back was bloody nice... the snake tasted funny tho so we didnt eat it all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back