1 cabinet for 2 snakes

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
porkbones1.jpg

Ok bit of an update.been busy with work and not really done anymore with the cabinet until today.so I started cutting up the wood for the door frames.(HUGE Thank you to @KingSirloin for all the many many questions he answered for me). not sure of the size but its the pine dar from bunnings.measured and cut all pieces for the door.ended up doing a lap joint,will glue and screw them together when I can be bothered lol

Last edited by a moderator:
porkbones1.jpg porkbones1.jpg

Also another thing bothering me was the plywood I had laying on the ground in the shed. It is to go onto the back of the cabinet after I took the very flimsy bracing ply off.but I'm going to try to paint a background onto it 1st so I need to paint it before I attach it to the cabinet, will make things alot easier, gotta undercoat it to give me an area to paint a background.small one up top for the spotted and bigger one down bottom for the bredli.
well, i started the background for the spotted 1st.
what on earth was I thinking wanting to paint a background.
thought ild try a landscape scene
porkbones1.jpg porkbones1.jpg porkbones1.jpg View attachment 303863

Depending on how I'm feeling I might have to leave it as it is.unless I have the motivation to re undercoat it and try again.will see how I go.
i will try a rocky/desert theme for the bredli (not looking forward to that at all) then I can finally hang it up onto the back of the cabinet

Lost sleep over that stupid backdrop lol I will definitely be changing it

Have you tried google image searching for landscapes and finding one you'd like to mimick? Not that I have much experience, but when I was looking at painting a background I started asking around for bushwalking photos... Then I proceeded to get too busy to do any painting.

[MENTION=2185]Ramy[/MENTION] I looked at doing a forest background googled, tried, failed miserably then just tried a landscape lol I have changed it a bit since lastnight

image.jpgimage.jpg
I wanted the back up on the enclosure since I had painted the top part for the spotted.didnt want to lay the ply down and left for another week.so I gave the bredlis area a paint and tacked it up for now so it won't warp.any changes I make I will either do with the back up or simply take it off. Lighting is terrible an the colours look different every time.so here it is for now and with it tacked in place to stop it from warping.also gave the very bottom 2 coats of stain n varnish

image.jpgimage.jpg

porkbones1.jpg

View attachment 304242View attachment 304243image.jpgimage.jpgGot to do more work on this yesterday.the backgrounds will do for now.can always alter or touch them up at a later time
Can now focus on making up the doors for the bredlis section and making up some hides for them

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 140
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 140
i might even make my first diy about it thanks for giving e the idea of doing something for my reptiles

Thrs lots of DIY ideas in here.have a look, use others ideas give it a go and if u get stuck ask a lot of questions.simple as :)

yeh ive read a lot of them all leading up for plans to build my own and figuring out what will make it better and all that

My other build I used a corner TV cabinet.made it alot easier for me as its already built and I just have to make a few alterations to it

hey mum got a huge tv cabinet and im going to ask her if i can have it because the tv does not fit in it and im thinking a big tank in the middle for some geckos and snake tank on each side ill get a photo tomorrow of it the 2 sides already have glass so bonus

[MENTION=39562]aj33340[/MENTION] if its the type of cabinet im thinking of the 2 side bits may be 2 small for snakes..maybe a snake in the middle for a smaller type of snake or even middle and cut a hole into 1 of the sides so it can have both areas and that will do for a larger snake and geckos in the other side

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back