• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Pythons and Snakes and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

1 pair of SUGAR GLIDERS for sale.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

krusty

Almost Legendary
Reaction score
10 month old pair of sugar gliders up for sale i have not tried them for breeding as they do not start to breed untill they are around 12 months of age.

they are the family pets so are friendly,the female likes to be handled and is a sticky beak,she will hop on you hand by herself.
the male is happy to sit back and watch from a distance as he is not as good as the female.
but they dont bite hard but if they do its only soft.
they are in excellent health and they eat really well they love mixed nuts,dates glazed cherries and other stuff.

we keep them inside in a large bird cage.they are very easy to look after.
licence required.
will sell as the pair ONLY.
pm me for any info.

$800 or best offer.

Attachments

• DSC01134(1).jpg
    DSC01134(1).jpg
    24 KB · Views: 417
  • Picture 016.jpg
    Picture 016.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 289
  • Picture 018.jpg
    Picture 018.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 230
  • Picture 017.jpg
    Picture 017.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 290
They are lovely, I've always had a soft spot for sugar gliders. I'm interested in keeping them, but have a few questions:

What is their staple diet?
Do they have messy/smelly habits? (do they poo on you all the time, does your house develop a 'smell' from having them inside, etc?)
Can you handle them for long periods of time?

Unfortunately we can't keep them in QLD glider, which is a real shame, unless you have a demonstrator licence I believe.

I'm kicking tires here, but i am curious to know if the males get territorial when they reach maturity and spray their territory?

Looks like there are a few of us tyre-kickers online today!
- What size aviary is big enough for a fully-grown sugar glider pair?
- Are your two brother and sister, and does it matter?
- Can they be kept outdoors in Melbourne?

Thanks,
Nic

You can keep them in Victoria on a basic license.

I think that in NSW you need a different license to the one you need for reptiles. (...and a different one again for birds.)

For all those inquired the cage will not be included...
also the male does not wee on himself...
they are not related... and u can free handle them...
although male is not so friendly as the female, she is very much so...
they eat all fruit and veg - no avacado, all mixed nuts,glazed cherries, dates , mushrooms
love all summer fruit more than the winter ones...
they are cleaned out once a week and house doesnt ever smell, messes are very small...
apparently the males spray in mating season though...
highly recommend not to be keep outside...

Last edited:
Krusty...Hi its been a while since you advertised them for sale...are they still available?
Very interested!!

You can keep them in Victoria on a basic license.

I think that in NSW you need a different license to the one you need for reptiles. (...and a different one again for birds.)

You can't keep these in NSW, this is taken from the NPWS web site:

"Only three native mammals can be kept as pets in NSW: dingos, spinifex hopping-mice and plains rats."

sugar gliders

Hi again Krusty.....are they still available....interested!!
Very cute....very nice!!

sugar gliders

are they still avail and how far from hampton park are you
thanks bec

sugar gliders

love your piercings...we want..need...love them(sugar gliders)

He's in Weribee, so i'd say maybe an hour and a half from you bec!

sugar gliders

thanks has he still got them avail

We cant have any native mammels in qld lol, or rabbits or ferrets, but i love my sunshine state, as much as id love a ferret or glider. Hope krusty replies soon, as i might have someone down south interested.

SOLD
payed for and taken to there new home today.i dont think i could have found a better home for them as the people that bought them where so good to deal with and show there animals so much love and care so i am very happy with there new owners and would love to deal with them again......hope all go's well for yous and will talk to yous soon if you have any questions just give me a call any time.
and all so thanks to all that where interested.

cheers krusty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back