• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Pythons and Snakes and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

1 pair of SUGAR GLIDERS for sale.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm kicking tires here, but i am curious to know if the males get territorial when they reach maturity and spray their territory?

I hope I am not being out of line reply to a sales thread but there are a couple of questions here that weren't answered and people might be interested.

Gliders rely highly on scent. The males once mature do scent everything including their females.They can sometimes become quite territorial epecially if they are kept in a smaller indoor cage.

I have one male at the moment just reaching maturity and he has gone from a sweet thing to an absolutely obssessive keeper of the cage! At present he is indoors in a 5 ft 6 in high cage with his female companion. He will lunge and try to bite if you put your hand in the cage just to protect "his girl". A finger of honey works wonders and out of the cage he is so quiet and gentle that it is hard to believe he even would try to attack! I think once he gets into a bigger area outside , he will relax more. My other male is outside in a huge aviary with his colony and he is not a problem at all.

I hope I am not being out of line reply to a sales thread but there are a couple of questions here that weren't answered and people might be interested.

Gliders rely highly on scent. The males once mature do scent everything including their females.They can sometimes become quite territorial epecially if they are kept in a smaller indoor cage.

I have one male at the moment just reaching maturity and he has gone from a sweet thing to an absolutely obssessive keeper of the cage! At present he is indoors in a 5 ft 6 in high cage with his female companion. He will lunge and try to bite if you put your hand in the cage just to protect "his girl". A finger of honey works wonders and out of the cage he is so quiet and gentle that it is hard to believe he even would try to attack! I think once he gets into a bigger area outside , he will relax more. My other male is outside in a huge aviary with his colony and he is not a problem at all.

all questions where answered 100% but only the ones that where realy interested and pm'ed me and where not being tyer kickers.

Looks like there are a few of us tyre-kickers online today!
- What size aviary is big enough for a fully-grown sugar glider pair?
- Are your two brother and sister, and does it matter?
- Can they be kept outdoors in Melbourne?

Thanks,
Nic

Another quick reply and admin can you please split these questions into "chitchat" if this is in appropriate in a sales thread?. I have most of my gliders outside in Melbourne in two large aviaries. 9 foot long, and 18 foot long respectively. They do fine outside providing that they have been acclimatised to the weather and not on their own (two or more keep each other warm as they would in the wild). For instance, wouldn't put indoor gliders outside during winter but can introduce them to outside cages when the weather is mild and they acclimatise that way. They adapt quickly providing they have good shelter, warm nestboxes, correct diet etc. It was zero here this morning, yet I just went out and popped my hand into the glider nestboxes and they are sizzling hot in there.

Diet is also extremely important, and mine are fed a special home made nectar mix, protein sources, huge variety of fruit/veg etc. My gang get 7 bowls of different foods each night and they are all very well conditioned and full of energy.

Sorry Krusty.

I didn't see your post but I am sure the tyre kickers would be interested in this info too. Apologies and no more will be added to this thread.

If anyone wants to talk gliders, I am happy to respond elsewhere.

i have a saturday job at burwood pets n birds and they sell a suger glider, its mad!!

Sugar Gliders

SOLD....and very cute:)
Sitting in my lounge room in there new home..
Very happy with them indeed!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back