100% Het Darwin unique colour after shed any ideas???

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
W

wilkie

Picked this little girl up month ago. after shedding and noticed some really nice colouring wondering if anyone had ideas to how it may have been achieved.
Cheers

Attachments

• DSCN1515.jpg
    DSCN1515.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 281
  • DSCN1512.jpg
    DSCN1512.jpg
    183.4 KB · Views: 325
  • DSCN1514.jpg
    DSCN1514.jpg
    160.1 KB · Views: 281
from those pics i would say that snake looks kinda like a jungle carpet just my opinion, what colour was it when you got her? beautiful snake by the way

sweet I was thinking she looked like a jungle, I got her thrown in with an albino Darwin same size and clutch.

- - - Updated - - -

before shed, she is almost an olive colour

Attachments

• DSC_0057.jpg
    DSC_0057.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 214
just what I was told from seller, had them shipped from brissy, She was free so I cant say I feel ripped off just trying to find out little more about her before re selling.

Oh your a re seller and don't know exactly what your selling then you came to the right place...............lol.

Your python looks very much like a jungle python..
But it must be a cross if its a het for albino

Last edited:
cheers, OK so I wasn't crazy she didn't look like any Darwin I had ever seen. I think im just going through here into the breeding project, only way to find out if she is het or not.

Cheers everyone for comments it has helped.

Looks like a darwin with a nice pattern to me.

doesn't het Darwin's look different to normal? it looks a lot like a jungle, but you wont know for certain until you get babies from her.

Having albino babies only proves she's a het. Not if she's a pure Darwin.

Take a pic of its head and see if its got the notorious "skull & cross bones" pattern of a Jungle...

My 2 bobs worth says its darwin x jungle. Only way to tell if its a het or not is to breed it with another het, resulting in 25%albino, 50%het, 25%wild type offspring, or breed to an albino for 50%albino, 50%het offspring.
But to throw in another 2 bob, who really cares, its a nice looking snake and if your guna sell it anyway just sell it to one of the minority that dosnt wont to be a breeder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back