100% het for Albino. What's it mean??

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

joeplant57

Reaction score
Hi guys a couple of months ago I bought a 100% het for Albino Darwin Python Male.. What exactly does this mean ?? Very soon I am getting an Albino Darwin Carpet Python ( girl I hope) does this mean when I eventually breed with these two I will get half a clutch of Albino's.. Sorry I'm just confused with it all lol.. Cheers anyway guys. Joe

Please use the search bar, there are lituarly hundreds of posts on this subject.

Designer serpents has a great chart on her site explaining clutch percentages

when a male and female reproduce there is an allele that is past on from each of them. if you breed an albino to a normal (wildtype) you end up with hatchlings that all carry one gene from the mother(lets say she's albino) and the father (normal) this means the offspring are heterozygous(het) for albinism. the offspring when bred in the future to albinos or other heterozygous(hets) will produce a percentage of Amelanistic,heterozygous and normal offspring.
easiest way of saying it is: one of the parents was albino.

correct me if i am wrong in any way.

Bohdi.

Last edited:
Yeh the search bar on Aussie ppythons kinda sucks if yoi google it often there links to Aussie pythons with what you want. Bohdi has got it right and I like that he called it amelanistic as is the correct term :) . Joeplant are you the guy who won carpet pythons competition ?

You will get "roughly" and it does vary a bit but anyway 50% Albinos and 50% hets (100% hets).... solar 17 (Baden) :)

Here's one I prepared earlier;

With simple recessive genetic traits (i.e. albinism) in order to express the trait (i.e. in order for you to be able to see it) the animal needs to have two copies of the same mutation (it has to be homozygous - AA or aa). The 'het' refers to the term heterozygous which means it carries one recessive and one 'normal' gene (in this example Aa). When you pair het animals you get a 25% chance of getting an animal that expresses the recessive trait, 50% will be carriers and 25% will be normal and not carry any recessive traits.

albinobreedingdiagram_zpsc84bcba7.jpg
these are diagrams that should give you the idea..

Last edited:
Yeh the search bar on Aussie ppythons kinda sucks if yoi google it often there links to Aussie pythons with what you want. Bohdi has got it right and I like that he called it amelanistic as is the correct term :) . Joeplant are you the guy who won carpet pythons competition ?
Yes I'm the lucky bugger who won the CarpetPythons.com.au competition..still can't believe it lol..

Sorry , I'm new to this to .... I have a 75% jungle jag ..... Which direction will that get me if I cross her to a pure jungle ?

approx. 50% when breeding the numbers aren't always perfect %. I seen a 100% het pair produce 50% albinos so you can get lucky.

Sorry , I'm new to this to .... I have a 75% jungle jag ..... Which direction will that get me if I cross her to a pure jungle ?

that will give you 87.5 jungle jags and sibs mate. Joe im so damn jelly haha was holding my breath till he drew it haha

On the day of the draw the Wife said to me " you really want to win this prize don't you" I said you bet I do but I know I won't lol..guess what I did lol.. CarpetPythons.com.au rules!!

I would like to c a pic...........her is my little 100% hatchie
8656930081_55bae04bb0_c.jpg

Thereb is a clear diference between possible outcomes (of offspring), the probability of getting a particular outcome and the actual results (percentages of the outcomes). If you know the genetics of the parents you can determine the possible offspring that they can produce and the probability of each of these. You will only get offspring that are possible. The numbers you get may vary significantly from the probabilities given. That is because a single clutch is a tiny sample. For example, there is 50-50 chance of having a boy or a girl child. I have two kids, one of each. Yet I know a family that had six girls and another that had seven boys. Over the entire population however, the percentage is 50-50 boy-girl.

Blue

Last edited by a moderator:
defeting waffle

Designer serpenats has a great chart on her site explaining clutch percentages
I took your advice and agree, it is definitely worth a look at and a read.

Thanks

I am at a loss to understand what a 75% jungle jag is. The jag gene is co-dominant
and if you have it you show and if you don't have it does not show.

EDIT: Please ignore above query, as I now understand what this statement means.

Blue

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back