1st house !!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

luke

Reaction score
just trying to hold in my xcitment as i have been aproved to buy my first home :shock:
so no more unit living ofr rent !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
this intern means more herps even though i said i wouldnt but im already planing an area just for my soon to grow collection
sorry pritty stoked about the hole thing so i thourght i would share :D :D

Thats fantastic news, renting sucks lol
No more hiding your snakes in the cupboard during inspection!

thx man i cant belive it
i cant wait to move in !!!!!!!!!

I know how ya feel i can't wait till i move down the coast.

if its the gold coast your talkin about i lived there for 2 years it was the best place iv lived no stop party time :wink:

Na central coast NSW. Even though it's gonna be a nightmare moving all my snakes.

congrats mate i am planning to buy house at the end of the year

how old r u luke if u dont mind me asking? congratulations by the way and i cannot wait to get my own place in the future either, but i guess my 1st step is to move out and rent wid my gf then buy but ill have to see first. also does anyone have any troubles renting a place with there reptiles?????

cheers

Way to go luke, how cool is that ! Did you measure the place for vivs? renting sure is the pits,
expensive too! I could be paying off a home with the rent i pay but havent saved enough for deposit yet. Feels like money down the drain, could have bought a few woma's and maybe a gtp or two with the rent ive paid. Dont think herps would be a problem with most landlords sean, unless you wanted to dig up the yard for liz pits or turtle ponds. lol most landlords are more likely concerned with cats and dogs, probly would even think of reptiles. I wouldnt mention them. :wink:

seanwest111 said:
how old r u luke if u dont mind me asking? congratulations by the way and i cannot wait to get my own place in the future either, but i guess my 1st step is to move out and rent wid my gf then buy but ill have to see first. also does anyone have any troubles renting a place with there reptiles?????

cheers
ull allso have to find a girlfriend

Feels like money down the drain, could have bought a few woma's and maybe a gtp or two with the rent ive paid.

That's alot of rent for a 19 year old.

seanwest111 said:
does anyone have any troubles renting a place with there reptiles?????

When I got my snakes a few years ago i was living in a rented apartment and I knew that the hbody corporate had said "No Pets Allowed". So when the agents came for the annual inspection - like Pinkie said - into the cupboard and under the bed they went! One snake box was too big to move/hide so I took the snake out, and placed a couple of pot plants in it. Whe the inspector asked about it I told her it was a snake box that belonged to a friend of mine from Taronga, I was just minding it for her while she was away and watering the plants. (All true. I didn't add that I'd be minding it when she came back too).

The girl then asked "Snake Box? is ther a snake in there?" To which I could honestly reply "No", as it was in a bag under the bed.

A couple of months ago I moved to western Sydney and looked for a house to rent. I found one I liked and met the landlord, and told him upfront I had snakes and birds. He quizzed me about the snakes, then told me I could keep my birds, my snakes, and I could get other reptiles if I wish, but not venemous snakes (fair enough). But then he said I could not keep rats or mice. He obviously knew that some herp enthusiasts breed rodents. I assured him i only fed frozen, and that I had no intention of keeping rodents at all.

The landlord was very accepting of reptiles. But I haven't told the neighbours yet.

Hix

thx guys it still has not sunk in yet

the house is at underwood
23 sean
and jimmy how do ya know if all i have to do is find a girlfriend :lol:
yer hix my last land lord refused to check the place after i told her what i was keeping kinda work to my advantage but
im not looking forward to moving but this will be the ninth time in 5 years

Great effort Man! You won't know yourself! Do yourself a huge favour and ALARM the room you got your herps in, if not the whole house! For the measley $1100 or so bucks on top of your mortage or whatever, It'll give you good peice of mind, you're herps & stuff safer and your home insurance made cheaper. Houses are favourable & easy targets for thieves! Congrates again on your house! Please promise you'll deck out a room totally so I can dream about it LOL

myyyyyyy house, is a verry verry verry fine house (fine house) don't know the rest of that song
but congrats!!!!!!!!!!!
big piss up at yours???

i know i forgot........
its not rude when used in that context

it will be a big drinking fest at his place

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back