1st shed

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Donks92

Reaction score
hi all. my spotted python is about 55cms and she just had her 1st shed since iv gotten her. she had a good shed and 95% came off in one piece but there are a few little pieces still attached to her back end. will these come off with her moving about or should i try and remove very gently?
thanks

hi all. my spotted python is about 55cms and she just had her 1st shed since iv gotten her. she had a good shed and 95% came off in one piece but there are a few little pieces still attached to her back end. will these come off with her moving about or should i try and remove very gently?
thanks
They should come off by themselves if you have some rough surfaces, if after a week or so they are still on you can try VERY gently rubbing them off

iv just checked on her and can see very small pieces of skin about the tank. she has a rough vine which she quite enjoys which im sure will get it off. it was a very small amount left on her.

They should come off by themselves if you have some rough surfaces, if after a week or so they are still on you can try VERY gently rubbing them off

After a week? The shed skin should come off in one piece, and in relatively little time. From approximately fifteen minutes to up to an hour.

she shed 95% in the space of about 15 mins.. but as she was slinking back to her hide i noticed a few lose pieces

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back