2.5m python at rental with 18mnth old kid

Discussion in 'General Reptile Discussion' started by beewing, Oct 6, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vampstorso

vampstorso Very Well-Known Member

Lovely to see you reply Graham!
    Sounds like the diamond was lucky to have you

2. Buckey

Buckey New Member

Having a residential snake is great. When we lived at our last house next to the bush we had green tree snakes everywhere. One large 2m snake lived in a wall cavity of our house, being the wall cavity of the nursery where we had our baby twins who at the time had just come home from hospital. Our twins were then 7 week preme so I did give that a lot of thought...having a 2m snake living a few feet away from our kids with only a wall between. Our twins are 14 now so they survived. It was funny, we had lived in the house a couple of years and not seen a snake but after we discovered "GT" and started looking out for snakes we would see them everyday sometimes 3 or 4 at a time, in the bushes, or trees or going across the pagoda into the roof or cavities.

I would just be teaching your son to respect and keep his distance from a snake as next time, as you live near to a creek it could be a venomous snake.

Question, I have seen a large brown snake eat a diamond and a large black eat a eastern brown so would a large diamond eat a smaller snake, I suppose so, so I would definitely leave your diamond alone.

2004_0912_111808AA.JPG

Picture 2.jpg

Stompsy likes this.
  3. Yellowtail

Yellowtail Well-Known Member

Not aware of any reports of Diamonds feeding on snakes. Serious reptile feeders are Red bellied blacks, King browns and Black headed pythons but others are known to do it.

pinefamily likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.