Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
well i must say the turn out was much smaller than last year
the turn out I heard from the people counting at the door was quite a bit more than the previous yr. :D Speaking with breeders of lizards and monitors it was a poor season for eggs, the usual ones were not laying...or what did come out were slugs. Making it less for breeders to have at the Expo.

I nearly went but I had a field trip on this weekend. I heard that is was good from someone who went. Any chance of some photos?

l/we found the expo a bit disappointing but as my partner pointed out "maybe" there are some external factors that don't help.
1/ there are no(imo) new glamour snakes as a lot of people have Greens or have seen them somewhere else and a similar scenario with Albinos, enclosures well there is nothing new there as the latest draw pull-out type have been around for a couple of years.
There were "imo" some reptiles there for sale in poor condition, while most were very good.
Another point is its tough out there at the moment with the dollar being pretty tight alround
One final point is have we become a bit complacent with herp shows always expecting something new and exciting when in reality this isn't always going to happen.
.........solar 17 (Baden)

Well, it was my first one and I was happy with what I came home with, I got my black bluey with bonus het and my first ever geckos and the roughie pair was the icing on the cake. Would have liked to have met more folks from APS but those I did meet were really nice and a lot of the breeders I met were also. Would have preferred not to have been working and to have the whole day to myself as I did miss a lot of stuff but all in all I enjoyed it.

the turn out I heard from the people counting at the door was quite a bit more than the previous yr. :D Speaking with breeders of lizards and monitors it was a poor season for eggs, the usual ones were not laying...or what did come out were slugs. Making it less for breeders to have at the Expo.
i probably should have phrased that better, i did mean the turn out stall-wise, there were definately more people there :) i personally had my beardies breed with no intention of them breeding, no stimulation or brumation period, plus they were not even 2 years old yet, the female is way under size and got 2 clutches (10 in the first, all slugs, and 13 in the next, 7 hatched) one thing that i really liked was the bus out the front (reptile ed or whatever it was), that had some interesting stuff and my mate got roughly 50 pictures, i will upload them when i can

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back