Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They been together on and off all winter... And she lost interest and kept pacing the enclosure so I took him out.... She shed on the 1st of the month :shock:

Last edited:
I've found all mine to have a pre mating shed including males and then the females all have a pre lay shed. if you haven't yet get your hands on the keeping and breeding Australian pythons book it is fantastic and will tell you everything about your animals and when and how long between introduction and egg laying and pre lay slough and egg laying etc. I have a female bhp that was paired May - June last year and did not lay till the 6th November very very odd she should have laid on the 19th September I gave up and to my surprise there she was 2 months later with eggs. the females choose when they lay not the books, the books are there for a guideline. but yes she is definitely gravid just be patient.

if you are still feeding her or have been then she will shed normally anyways, I feed my girls until they have there pre lay slough some wont eat others still will. I have noticed all my Morelia girls have stopped eating which was expected after they had there pre lay slough. I would stop feeding her and see if she comes into a shed, I did however give a small feed to my big girl to kick start her pre lay and it worked next day.

don't give up hope that shed you witnessed could of been a normal growth shed or a pre mating shed if she hasn't laid yet you will be expecting another one.

Last edited:
Middy
Its only day 20....see what happens as it hard to tell from pic's, but my antaresia go any where from 26 days right thru to 31 days. Try to feed her and if she refuses she's probably gravid.
Cheers

This one layed a few weeks back and has had the post lay shed ,looks clean now still a bit of scale damage on top of the head from digging and poking about.

Middy
Its only day 20....see what happens as it hard to tell from pic's, but my antaresia go any where from 26 days right thru to 31 days. Try to feed her and if she refuses she's probably gravid.
Cheers
Kirt she been taking small feeds fortnightly but not enough for her to grow this big so fast lol... I've read so many scenarios that I tried the odd feed with the female ...such small fuzzy rats that u don't even notice she has eaten it.... Thanks

deleted it cause I realised I know nothing about how big they grow and how much they eat ;) listen to no two and the others

Last edited:
Why aren't you giving her normal sized meals?
after reading about females eating while gravid I decided to try her on small feeds and she took with no probs but was worried about over feeding

I had one girl stimi out for a check other day and as she slid gently back in enclosure I could feel bump bump bump over my fingers... I've got my fingers crossed
What a load of rubbish

that's a bit odd I would of just fed her 1 small rat a week till she was refusing a feed (for a breeder female) a fuzzy rat at her age is nothing. how big is she? those pellets look huge compared to her....
she is 490g... Not that big but I've herd of ants breeding way smaller?

She's big enouh, I have several females that will feed while gravid, if they're going to eat the meal size doesn't matter and you're better off feeding her a normal sized meal if she isn't.

bit late this season, pre-lay shouldnt be far away.

Attachments

• DSCF0085.jpg
    DSCF0085.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 64
  • DSCF0090.jpg
    DSCF0090.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 64
IMG_5124-1.jpg

C66F6DB2-D07D-460B-945A-205DEE972962-1145-000001215BDE83DD_zps873aff58.jpg

9 healthy eggs and 1 slug from this spotted yesterday. Have the slug seperate in the incubator just in case.

wow that is amazing shes beautiful trublue

- - - Updated - - -

nice im still waiting on my spotted she looks like shes gona pop any minute but she still hasnt had pre lay yet though

I've got another spotted who just had her prelay, she's a striped spotted with the browner look so will be interesting to see what she throws

she decided to come out of her lay tub [7lt sitema tub]thats it on the side of the pic

- - - Updated - - -

i've got a tri colour spotted but not realy sure if shes gravid i put the male in with her more than the female in the pics i just posted but shes not lookin that big

- - - Updated - - -

this is the tri colour not realy a good pic of her but best i could do she just wants to b left alone
the light female weighs 1300 grams and the tri colour weighs 1200 grams they both weighed 650 - 700 grams before i bred them in may - june

Attachments

• 20130923_091914.jpg
    20130923_091914.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 54
  • 20130923_093441.jpg
    20130923_093441.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:
Are you sure those weights are right? Are they both eating? My boy spotted is 1.3m and overweight at at 700g. My females are both 500g and their weight didn't change through breeding except 100g less after laying.

i am wrong i forgot to subtract the weight of the tub on the scales lol
the tri colour is eating but the light female isn't
the weights of both females are 700grms at the moment

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back