2013 VHS Expo.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Barbarossa

Not so new Member
Reaction score
So,

Read that the expo is coming up, any advice for a newbie, heading there hoping to purchase a hatchling?

On a sidenote, i heard it gets quite hot.

Anthing on what i can expect to see mainly, have to keep the wife away from the dragons, she will want one.

So,

Read that the expo is coming up, any advice for a newbie, heading there hoping to purchase a hatchling?

Anthing on what i can expect to see mainly, have to keep the wife away from the dragons, she will want one.
Look around dont buy the first cool looking snake you see. Talk to the breeders. Ask for feed and shed records if they have them. Check the animals at the venders table. Make sure they all look healthy and mite free. Ask any and all questions that come to mind. Most breeders will be more then happy to answer questions. Just my 0.2

i like waiting till the end! yes u miss out on the better looking stuff but some times the prices drop a good amount!

So,

Look and do not ask to touch.... This should be a rule for everybody. Apart from that bring your license and a full wallet, speak to a lot of the breeders they are very helpfull and have fun :) Oh... one last thing for everybody. If we want the expo to keep going in Vic... PLEASE do find the VHS table and sign up as a member... they keep the expo running and could use all the help :)

Do you know what sort of python you want? When I go to get something specific I get there before it opens and then do a quick run around to get an idea of whats there before going back and purchasing the animals I want. The breeders I have purchased from in the past have been happy to hold on to the animals for me while I look around the rest of the expo so as not to stress it out more by carrying it around.

Do you know what sort of python you want? When I go to get something specific I get there before it opens and then do a quick run around to get an idea of whats there before going back and purchasing the animals I want. The breeders I have purchased from in the past have been happy to hold on to the animals for me while I look around the rest of the expo so as not to stress it out more by carrying it around.

Yeah im chasing a murray darling hatchling, am unsure of whether or not ill find one, but i can wait.

Should find one there. I hope to get geckos or a hatchy water, stimmi or diamond... only problem is the parents will be there with me so i can't buy it without them noticing... :?

I've failed to go purely for the fact that vens are not displayed or sold. Sure I could do with another python, but since getting a hot, its has been an obsession of mine.

I've failed to go purely for the fact that vens are not displayed or sold. Sure I could do with another python, but since getting a hot, its has been an obsession of mine.

There has been a ven display every year!

I know Blacksnake snake productions has a display, but I want to get more close up and personal with the intention of buying one
I doubt they would let public 'get close up and personal' with venomous snakes.. If your refusing to go because they wont sell you one then so be it..?
Why not ask breeders and keep an eye out for classfields? They are there in display enclosures for a reason.

Mum said she'd fly us over to Vic for the expo but then my brother started complaining about how mum wouldn't take him to the MCG for the cricket or football.....*sigh* Then again I guess it is good otherwise I'd come home with 10 snakes, 3 lizards and 13 enclosures :lol:

South australian Herp society it is your time to shine and start one in SA (hint, hint) ;)

Anyone going to have B&W diamonds? I absolutely love them!!!
Otherwise anyone know breeders. Everyone seems to keep high yellows?

Anyone going to have B&W diamonds? I absolutely love them!!!
Otherwise anyone know breeders. Everyone seems to keep high yellows?

I'll be looking for some too! Hopefully speak to some breeders about the parents, temperament all that stuff, what their plans for next year are so 2014 I can get one :D wish I could get one this year :rolleyes:

Wish we had one in sa we have more than enough big breeders and breeders in general will have to try and get over to VHS expo would be nice we can not buy anything on the day if we are not Victoria can we

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back