Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stuart

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
The Photo Competition to get your photo featured in the 2016 Aussie Pythons and Snakes calendar is now open. It is a simple competition where you can upload up to 3 photos to our Gallery for consideration by a chosen few as well as some independent persons (to avoid favoritism) who will pick the best 13 photos to go to print and be distributed.

The winning photos will all receive a free Calendar as well as full credit and bragging rights on APS.

The rules of the competition are simple.
  • A maximum of 3 photos can be uploaded for consideration. If you upload more than 3 or find you want to enter a different photo you are welcome to remove any of your previous entries.
  • All photos must be your own. You are welcome to watermark them if you wish to.
  • Only photos of Australian Reptiles, Amphibians and Invertebrates will be considered.

To enter the Competition Gallery, Just click here or to upload an image, click here directly -> https://aussiepythons.com/forum/dbtgallery.php?gal=gallery&do=add_image (Thanks [MENTION=34451]Snapped[/MENTION])

This competition will run for the month of September and we will then judge and notify the winners by October 15th.

Thanks and as always, if you have any questions, please ask.
Stuart

How do you upload to the gallery? Can I just upload them here?

Nothing is ever easy...

I must apologize that due to yesterdays issue caused by a support agent helping with some fixes for a security issue, all the photos in the gallery were lost. The backups with all the photos do not contain any of the Calendar entries due to an issue with how the backups were configured for restoration and that's my mistake which I am honestly sorry about.

Could I please ask if folks could resubmit their entries again and I'll see what I can do by way of an apology for those who have to spend more of their time uploading images.

The competition will be extended until Oct 8th in order to cover this.

I'll tag those who I remember seeing photos from. [MENTION=28684]baker[/MENTION], [MENTION=7935]eipper[/MENTION], [MENTION=41817]Chris[/MENTION], [MENTION=40362]CrazyNut[/MENTION], [MENTION=28029]GeckPhotographer[/MENTION], [MENTION=41819]Elite_Reptiles[/MENTION], [MENTION=19694]Firepac[/MENTION], [MENTION=34451]Snapped[/MENTION], [MENTION=3914]Kransky[/MENTION], [MENTION=41799]BredliFreak[/MENTION]

Sorry again all.
Stu

Might wanna flip my entry upside down for me I couldn't figure out how to do it. Cheers :)

Hi Stu didn't read the part about no more than 3... you can delete the ones not good enough if you want, sorry about that lol

Bredli

Well I am a day late, but the Comp has now closed.

Thanks everyone for putting through your entries and I really look forward to sharing the outcome of the winners in the next few days.

Stu

Hey [MENTION=34451]Snapped[/MENTION] we should be able to announce them on Monday. Sorry for the delay.

Stu

Bear with us sorry all, we are just getting a list of the photos together.

Names will be released today and winners will be contacted. Sorry again for the delay, hopefully the winning photos make up for it.

Stu

Congratulation to the following folks and photos who made it through. I understand that some folks managed to get more than one shot in the calendar but this was decided by multiple folks including some who are not affiliated with APS and one who even dislikes our scaly friends....

I would like to acknowledge everyone who submitted their photos and thank you all for your time. I am going to try add something extra to the calendar so you are all acknowledged.

In no particular order, the photos that will be featured on the APS calendar are.

1. Water Python - Firepac
2. Thick Tailed Gecko - richoman_3
3. Red Belly - benc3
4. Inland Taipan - Klaery
5. Eastern Water Dragon - Klaery
6. Red Throated Rainbow Skink - GeckPhotographer
7. Booroolong Frog - GeckPhotographer
8. Jumping Spider - GeckPhotographer
9. Freshie - Josch
10. Chameleon Geck - eipper
11. Perentie Pair - eipper
12. Easter Spiny Tail - baker
13. Peninsular Rock Dragon - CrazyNut

Thank you all for your time, keep an eye out for details on how to purchase your calendars soon.

Stu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back