:)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:p Ever thought he might be :) its eaten its 1st meal & :twisted: because the photo was a bit different,oh thats right i forgot nobody else could possibley be right.so what am i saying with this :)

The fact that nothing at all was said about fussy feeders was slatemans point.(i think) He/she just said ooh, look at this photo, so much fun to watch. (my interpretation of the original post anyway.)
Nobody includes you too popp. some following post echoed those sentiments, focusing the tone of the thread. dosent matter what its about, always some different interpretations will be posted. :wink:

If you had a snake that took feeder fish as prey,

Would you feed live fish or buy frozen fish and defrost them for your snake?

:) <just as a matter of interest> :)

I've gotta go with popp and The Pinkster on this one ("how unusual" I hear you say).

The picture was posted and the natural response by most of the do-gooders here is that it's wrong. Jan voiced his opinion which is ok, he's entitiled to it obviously. Popp voices his opinion which is then jumped all over by Jan and others.
Hmmm, de ja vu methinks.

I feed all my smaller, younger snakes live food. Not for any macabre fascination, just because I think it does them a whole lot of good to kill their own food. If I'm feeding the larger snakes adult rats, then it's thawed or freshly killed.

Oh and nice use of smilies there young popp, you too Miss Pinx. It's all ok now that you've used them.

Gregory.

Who me? Live. cant see a filey or bokadom taking thawed fish, but they might.(matter of convenience) whats your point. I have no problem feeding live if the snake wont take f/t, like i said ,live before force feeding AOK. dont think fish would be too upset, they are in their natural enviroment afterall. :?

um, did you miss the line where i said "live before force feeding AOK"? I dont have a problem with it , I wouldnt, but thats my personal choice. I does make me sad that some folk DO take sick pleasure in the Kill. Then again, i might be one of pinkies hypocrits, since i like to watch wildlife docos where cheetas and such kill gazells, and I say "Man, did ya see that!, awesome!" :roll: :lol:

:p Instar you say nobody includes me,read slateys post mention to me is in the bold print!!!!!!!!!!!!!11 :p

:) lmao @ "pinkie's hypocrites" :)

Did I not make it clear before when I re-stated that it was not my opinion and was not directed at anyone in particular?? :)

It was just a point I thought was of interest??? Golly gosh people are highly strung around here :)

So what's the issue sorry?
Are we arguing about moral high horses or whether popp said that slatey said that live feeding is bad?
Or are we arguing about who thinks pinkie was talking about them?
Or are we arguing about whther live feeding is bad?
Or are we simply wondering why this pic was posted?

Lmao . Popp, im not slateys keeper, he post whatever he wants. I meant you didnt ask if it was a fussy feeder either :lol: Pinkie, soz, maybe i should have just said "maybe im "A" hypocrit" . Lets kiss and make up. [insert kissy smiley} :lol: :lol: :lol:

I havent been "high strung" since that time they found me...........nah i wont go there. :lol:

ballchew2.jpg

Sorry all, shocking I know! All I can say is this is a 'nearly' worst case senerio! Probably may have eventually evolved into 'worst' case after infection set in. I used to feed mine live when she was a hatchie as the rats teeth were pretty much non-existant! But after images like this I dare not to. :shock:

:shock: "nearly" worst case??? Must have been left with a rat for considerable time. poor thing, be unlikely to survive that without intensive long term treatment. probably euthanised. very shocking and very very sad. :cry:

Truth hurts. That is most likely a worst case senerio. Definately something that should not be left unattended. Even if it is a mild bite. I dare say there will be scarring. Is it worth the risk. Elapids I can understand feeding them Live prey. Not a python though. If they grab it wrong they'll probably sustain injuries. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back