3.3m carpet

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wizz

Reaction score
pic of big carpet tony got on a call out ......:shock:

Attachments

• 063.jpg
    063.jpg
    126.9 KB · Views: 770
hey wizz i see you went out with tony. ive had a chat with him mentioning you. he has some great stuff aye. i spend days with tony sometimes good fun watching the old man run around catching snakes. good day to be with him aye

WOW ...Jonno nearly would have to cough up a carton now hey ;)

beautiful snake :)

Someone gave me a call about it, and I said I'd buy a carton if I could run a tape measure over it...never got a call back and now it's released, so it may as well be two metres long :)

Someone gave me a call about it, and I said I'd buy a carton if I could run a tape measure over it...never got a call back and now it's released, so it may as well be two metres long :)

Do you still think its abnormal for carpets to get over 3m? didnt you see 2 in a week or so some time back, its really rare for them to get over 3m :lol: :rolleyes:

Oh he's gorgeous! Wish I could have been there to catch and release him!!! So wonderful to see them so big!

you can always just give it up jonno and buy me a carton :)

was a nice looking snake wizz regardless of its size.

Do you still think its abnormal for carpets to get over 3m? didnt you see 2 in a week or so some time back, its really rare for them to get over 3m :lol: :rolleyes:

It's very rare for them to get over 3 metres, and I don't think you'll find any proof in the contrary. It was quite a coincidence to find two in a short period of time at 3.1 metres, considering I've never seen any other wild ones over 3 metres before or after. I have measured two captive at that size too.

I've never said it doesn't happen, or that a 12 foot Carpet isn't possible - it's just that these sizes are thrown around as commonplace when in fact it is very rare for them to exceed 3 metres and virtually unheard of for them to get over 11 feet.

In all honesty, I have no doubt this critter was 3.3m...would have loved to have seen it.

I've never said it doesn't happen, or that a 12 foot Carpet isn't possible - it's just that these sizes are thrown around as commonplace when in fact it is very rare for them to exceed 3 metres and virtually unheard of for them to get over 11 feet.

'Fishermans' tales do not discredit that these pythons will often grow over 3m if they have the right genes and environment. It may be rare to see them, but its rare to see any random individual snake. With a suitable photo you can measure a snake accurately without having to measure it with at tape. Im not an expert on carpets but i would be very suprised if some types didnt have the ability to grow much longer than 3m in ideal conditions. I have seen one confirmed over 3m(dead next to a tape), a fair few i would estimate to be around 3m+ and also plenty of pics such as the one in this thread that are most likely well over 3m.

If your chasing something special I think you should have picked 3.5m or some sort of mass instead.

It's very rare for them to get over 3 metres, and I don't think you'll find any proof in the contrary. It was quite a coincidence to find two in a short period of time at 3.1 metres, considering I've never seen any other wild ones over 3 metres before or after. I have measured two captive at that size too.

In all honesty, I have no doubt this critter was 3.3m...would have loved to have seen it.
I reckon you should've atleast given them a 6 pack :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Turns out there's two stories about this snake...one set of photo's say 3.3m, the second says it's 10'1"?

Cris - The fact that after a few years of offering my deal (A carton for the chance to just see one over 3.0m, $1000 to just see one over 3.5m or $10,000 to purchase one over 3.5m) I still haven't had to open my wallet or go to the Bottle-O kind of says that snakes over 3.0m are pretty special...as does museum records and just about everybody who's seen their fair share of Carpets opinions. Generally these oversize pythons are very conspicuous too, establishing themselves as apex predators and becoming quite confident and basking in highly visible areas.

100% fake photo and not a very good one at that, clearly a photoshop rookie made this picture.
Your cartons still safe Jonno ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back