• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Pythons and Snakes and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

35yo Long Billed Corella 'BILL' TAME & TALKS

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ingie

Reaction score
PRICE: Negotiable to the right home

Bill is a fantastic bird with a lot of personality. He is around 25-35 years old (I am not exactly sure). He talks a lot and LOVES being the cetre of attention. He plays fetch with plastic cups and keys, chasing after them and throwing them through the air to you. Bill has had his wings clipped although even when they grow out, he never flies away. He often free ranges in my backyard picking at things in the grass and chasing my cat!

Up until recently Bill lived in a pet shop where he had spent most of his life talking to and interacting with customers. The pet shop closed down suddenly a few months ago, and the owners had made no plans to re home him or take him with them. I purchased and took him home because they were offering him to ANYONE who would pay them the most money and I wanted to make sure he found a forever home where he would be looked after really well and given the attention he deserves. There were people swarming around him during the closing down sale and I listened to their conversation and heard that they basically all had no idea what it involves to keep a bird like Bill happy. They just wanted him because he was big and cool. I wish I could keep Bill but because of his previous lifestyle being around customers and action all day every day, he doesn't do well when left alone. He needs to be with someone who either doesn't work, or who has deaf neighbours!

Bill needs constant attention and when he doesn't get it he yells out all the words he knows (some of them happen to be ****** off! (although it is hard to make out the F word unless you know that is what he is saying). He knows when to use it lol. The first night I brought him home he was in my bedroom and I heard him scream out F OFF! F OFF! F OFF! He kept going. I rushed in and saw my olive python looking at him through the glass lol.

When you are with him and he knows you are there, he is very well behaved. He would be perfect for someone who doesn't work and would love a big bird to keep them company. Bill loves to talk to anyone and everyone but he only likes to be touched by girls (typical male lol). He sits on my shoulder and snuggles, grooms my hair and does all kinds of hilarious actions and phrases. My favourite thing is when you ask him if he has seen a ghost, he looks around frantically with his eyes bulging out :p

If you think you could provide a forever home for this beautiful bird, please PM me. Price in negotiable to the right home. He comes with a cage although it is really small and he usually is only in there to sleep. If you want him in a cage he would need a much larger one. At the shop he sat on a stand all day.

This is a video I made of Bill and I a little while back. It is pretty long (8 minutes) as I didn't make it specifically to upload, I was just recording his funny behaviour. I look a bit 'funny' in the video too lol.

I am so happy! I have found a perfect home for Bill he will be happy forever :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back