4 month old Woma hatchling not as active at night.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

burningfyra

Not so new Member
Reaction score
I understand it's winter but I was under the assumption that with the warm end at 32c-33c they would still come out of the hide at night. He has one hide on the warm end one in the cool end but he has spent the last week in the cool hide and he shed last month so I doubt it's that. Usually 4-5 days after a feed he'd be cruising around the tank looking for food but I skipped this last feed because he's been sitting in the cool hide that's around 25c during the day and drops to a little less at night. they're 70 grams last I weighed them but I know I'm due to up the size of food.

Would you just continue to feed the snake in this situation or keep feeding them even though they aren't active at night searching for food?

I understand it's winter but I was under the assumption that with the warm end at 32c-33c they would still come out of the hide at night. He has one hide on the warm end one in the cool end but he has spent the last week in the cool hide and he shed last month so I doubt it's that. Usually 4-5 days after a feed he'd be cruising around the tank looking for food but I skipped this last feed because he's been sitting in the cool hide that's around 25c during the day and drops to a little less at night. they're 70 grams last I weighed them but I know I'm due to up the size of food.

Would you just continue to feed the snake in this situation or keep feeding them even though they aren't active at night searching for food?
I dont see anything out of the ordinary in your post to be honest.
Id keep feeding it if it was me. He might even want to hang in the hot spot once hes had a feed.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

I dont see anything out of the ordinary in your post to be honest.
Id keep feeding it if it was me. He might even want to hang in the hot spot once hes had a feed.

Was mostly just wondering why he'd choose the cool hide when the air temp is already a bit low instead of waning the belly heat, I would have thought he'd warm up and cruise around for food.

Was mostly just wondering why he'd choose the cool hide when the air temp is already a bit low instead of waning the belly heat, I would have thought he'd warm up and cruise around for food.
Snake need cold temps for good health. Just what they do. Sounds like you just want it to be out an about yeah? I only see my snake at night time then she is most active.. and sometimes she stays in her hide at night too..

Snake need cold temps for good health. Just what they do. Sounds like you just want it to be out an about yeah? I only see my snake at night time then she is most active.. and sometimes she stays in her hide at night too..

I'm cool with whatever the snake wants to do, Just would have thought with how strong the woma feeding response is it would want to warm up and look for food as a growing hatchy, anyway I'll feed and see how it goes thanks for the advice.

I'm cool with whatever the snake wants to do, Just would have thought with how strong the woma feeding response is it would want to warm up and look for food as a growing hatchy, anyway I'll feed and see how it goes thanks for the advice.
How often ya feed it sorry?

Back